Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Monaco 2016

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    You might care to go back through recordings from the past 25 years to see how many of the 'greats' have been chicane cutters - you can get away with murder (or taking opponents out with zero compunction) if you can make it look like a racing incident.
    Hopefully we'll get a few more wet races this year to see if Mercedes have (or need to) learned how to set their cars up for cool conditions.
    Of course. Off the top of my mind, I recall Michael Schumacher twice cutting a chicane in Hungary '06 to keep Pedro de la Rosa behind him - which was obviously unfair. It's not like I'm pointing out something that has appeared lately, but the fact that it's an old problem doesn't make it less annoying for me.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I think incidents like this all depend on whether the person likes the driver. If this had been Daniel cutting the chicane and Lewis coming alongside but losing out, I doubt we'd really be discussing this. Daniel is a nice guy, Lewis is full of himself, but that shouldn't come into driving matters IMO.
    If it happened exactly the same way , the other way around , I believe we would be discussing this .
    I think you , for one , would insist .

But , I also think it's unlikely to have happened exactly that same way , as the likelihood of Lewis not backing out of the move out of the chicane would have been much greater .

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Lewis is always more likely to be involved in incidents because he is that kind of driver. He goes for smaller gaps than most, he defends and attacks harder than most.

That's what makes him exiting to watch whether you like him or not. It makes more people dislike him but also makes him a 3 time champion.

I like him but think he is silly at times and gets involved in incidents. However I have also always said less penalties to whoever is at fault would be preferable for me.

Old school

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    ...Old school
    Old school had walls and armco whilst new school has white lines and obvious driver mistakes being ignored by stewards. Hamilton should have received a drive through. Period.

Track boundaries are not respected because teams will bleat and moan if anyone dares to penalise them. Better to put the obstacles back and lose a few front wings than continue the current farcical processions that are modern F1 races.

We are being gradually conditioned to believe that the DRS is better for F1 than Ricciardo behind Hamilton for half the race. It isn't.

5. Likes: Bagwan (2nd June 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Perhaps Daniel could have had a drive through penalty too for having a crap pit stop!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Look guys at it from this point ,Monaco is a shit track and Everyman and his dog knows there isn't a chance in hell of an overtake unless the front driver concedes .The race is held at Monaco to line Bernie,s pockets ,we have the same problems at all street circuits .At street circuits the guy on pole usually wins ,unless the leaders team FUp with tyres ,or an accident occurs .Let's get to Silverstone and see some proper racing !

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    If it happened exactly the same way , the other way around , I believe we would be discussing this .
    I think you , for one , would insist .

But , I also think it's unlikely to have happened exactly that same way , as the likelihood of Lewis not backing out of the move out of the chicane would have been much greater .
    I doubt I'd insist. I would most likely be cheering a very well deserved Ricciardo win.