Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts

WRC Power Rankings

I'm not sure if people would find this an interesting exercise or not. But it occurred to me that hopefully at some point next year we could have 15 works WRC cars running.

Lots of sports have rankings and so I've looked at who I'd pick right now as the top-15 guys in the sport at the top level. And then a few who are just below, vying for that position. I've got rid of obvious privateer/gentleman drivers, and I've tried to weigh up pace, experience and importantly potential.

Like all rankings this is something that will change during the year. But this is what I've got right now:

1. Ogier
    2. Meeke
    3. Paddon
    4. Mikkelsen
    5. Latvala
    6. Sordo
    7. Neuville
    8. Tidemand
    9. Lappi
    10. Ostberg
    11. Tanak
    12. Breen
    13. Lefebvre
    14. Camilli
    15. Evans

The biggest thing is that there is a huge drop-off around Neuville where you're getting into mediocre vs unproven territory. If you want me to explain any of my decisions let me know. N.O.T did something similar recently and I think it's quite interesting to get different people's thoughts.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    My First post in this forum, i try to make my ranking:

1 Ogier ( always very fast and consistent, this year no rivals for the championship, sometimes i have feelings he do what he want)
    2 Meeke (Impressive the balls and wish to arrive on top of this guy, actually as pure speed could be also the number 1)
    3 Latvala (as speed could be also in the fight for first position, but as we know his carrer is full of up and down...still one of my favourite driver, also because i see him more "human")
    4 Paddon (i like him a lot, also if is hard for me to judge in a ranking the hyundai drivers, sometimes i have feeling that is best car actually but drivers aren't able to take out real potential)
    5 Mikkelsen (this year i was expecting from him the step up, isn't again arrived but from second day of portugal he demostrate he could do it)
    6 Tanak (i believe he's continuing to grow up and could again became one of best drivers)
    7 Sordo (very consistent now in all surfaces ideal second driver for a team)
    8 Ostberg (maybe a bit overated true, but always very consistent)
    9 Neuville (question mark, probably we have to wait next year when will be in a new team for see his real value)
    10 Evans ( Can still improve a lot; if i was M.Wilson i was going to keep him and Ott for this season, but still we will see next year)
    After i see almost at same level actually Levebre,Camilli (Both with very good potencial),Breen (always funny and spectacular),Suninen,Tideman,,Hanninen,Lappi ecc.....some of them will for sure became a future wrc star

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    My eyes bleed and you two are to blame...

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    1. Ogier
    2. Meeke
    3. Paddon
    4. Mikkelsen
    5. Latvala
    6. Sordo
    7. Neuville
    8. Tidemand
    9. Lappi
    10. Ostberg
    11. Tanak
    12. Breen
    13. Lefebvre
    14. Camilli
    15. Evans
    In general I agree with Your list. As for some doubts I have for Lappi for one, he never really stepped into WRC2 level, I had some for Lefebvre & Camilli up to Portugal, but they still need experience as it showed.
    As for additions I would definitely add Lukyanuk to this list and probably as young talent Sirmacis.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    My eyes bleed and you two are to blame...
    Haha I did warn you the talent level drops off a lot. But this is the realistic state of the drivers we have I think.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    1. Ogier (he is clearly the best)
    2. Latvala (even if he has had some poor rallies this year, I still think he is the best after Ogier overall. Just look at the 2nd part of last year.
    3. Mikkelsen (he is very often on the podium and he is good on all surfaces. Rememer that he has a new co-driver, who only got 2 years experience)
    4. Meeke (is clearly fast, but still makes to many mistakes. Anyway brilliant performance of him this weekend)
    5. Paddon (definitely made some progress lately, and he is getting better and better. Still lacks a bit of speed on tarmac)
    6. Sordo (steady driver)
    7. Ostberg (Steady driver, but lacks too much speed at the moment. anyway he is a clever driver, and therefore he takes a lot of points)
    8. Neuville (He is clearly fast, but I don`t think he got his head at the right place. Makes to many mistakes at the moment to get any higher)
    9. Tidemand (Right now he is clearly the best of the R5 guys. He has the speed, and he is very consistant)
    10. Tänak (A bit like Neuville. Very fast, but makes too many mistakes.)
    11. Evans (Has proven what he is capable of this year in WRC2 and BRC. I think he has learned a lot during his two years in WRC, and he is taking advantage of that now)
    12.Breen (he was impressive in Rally Sweden. He is also a former JWRC and SWRC winner. Still a bit difficult to judge because of the unreliable peugeot)
    13.Lefebvre (Is clearly a talent, but needs to prove it soon. Has had quite many outings in WRC now, after his WRC2-campain which was`nt very succsessive)
    14. Lappi (is clearly fast, but makes too many mistakes.)
    15. Brynildsen (I know a lot of you guys will disagree with me on this on, but he has pretty good pace and he is very consistant)

Hänninen: has had his chances.
    Suninen: is too inexperienced, and not consistant enough.
    Abbring: has´nt used his chances in WRC properly yet.
    Camilli: With Camilli I really don`t know. he impressed on friday and saturday of Rally Portugal, but has`nt proven much before that.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Instead of rankings (more or less I agree with the previous ones), I will write who in my opinion should be in the WRC next year.

1 Ogier
    2 Latvala (will never win the championship and will give us ulcer but he belongs to WRC, no questions about it)
    3 Mikkelsen (but only if he stop arriving 3rd. Actually I think Mikkelsen will win another couple of rallies in his career when others crash and will retire with a poor palmares. Except for his millions of 3rd places).
    4 Meeke
    5 Paddon (our new hope)
    6 Sordo (he is a nice guy)
    7 Abbring (last chance but give this guy a decent number of rallys)
    8 Lappi (one year with option for the next one)
    9 Tanak (last [L.A.S.T.] chance in a car where he has not ready excuses)
    10 Breen (decent number of rallys in two years)
    11 Lefebvre (decent number of rallys but he has to impress now otherwise it's full of french drivers in the queue)
    12 Tidemand (so sweden guys of the forum will not come here to kill me).
    13 Suninen (but taking it very easy, just a few outing to get confidence with a WRCplus car)
    14 Lukaniuk (and shame on who is not putting him in his ranking

=======
    Excluded:

Ostberg (I'm tired to read discussions about on of the most boring driver of WRC of all time)
    Evans (He is simply too slow, a career in R5 and some outings in tarmacs to get some manu points should be a good deal)
    Hanninen (Has had his chances)
    Neuville (We have to realize he is lost and can not come back anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    14 Lukaniuk (and shame on who is not putting him in his ranking
    I'm surprised to see a few calls for Lukyanuk. If you were a WRC team manager would you really touch this guy?

Just two WRC starts to his name. A reputation for fast, yet erratic driving at ERC level. I like him as a driver and hope to see him get some opportunities, but for me he is not a top-15 WRC drive candidate. He would be a 36-year-old project. I rate Kajetanowicz much higher, but then he has no WRC starts at all. Neither of these guys can be considered close to a top drive.

9. Likes: Jarek Z (23rd May 2016),leighton323 (24th May 2016)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I'm surprised to see a few calls for Lukyanuk. If you were a WRC team manager would you really touch this guy?

Just two WRC starts to his name. A reputation for fast, yet erratic driving at ERC level. I like him as a driver and hope to see him get some opportunities, but for me he is not a top-15 WRC drive candidate. He would be a 36-year-old project. I rate Kajetanowicz much higher, but then he has no WRC starts at all. Neither of these guys can be considered close to a top drive.
    Kajetanowicz was competing against Breen and Lukyanuk in the ERC and was clearly better than those two. But still I don't think he should be in top 15. Not to mention Lukyanuk...
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    I remember such ranking was made a few years ago by some Italian company. I found their website, but it seems they don't run their World Rally Ranking anymore?
    http://www.worldrallyranking.com/ran...&Tipo=1&Home=1
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!