• Portugal

0 0%
  • Sweden

1 5.56%
  • Romania

6 33.33%
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

This bitching and moaning about the new format and Portugal having an easy couloir has become tiresome. I don't like Cristiano Ronaldo either, as a person, but he is definitely up there with Messi one of the best in the world. While Messi is the most talented, Ronaldo is the harder worker and the more ambitious of the two. It's quite impressive he was able to keep such a rhythm for such a long period of time. Messi already had a few spells where he looked really burnt-out. And the Portugal team is by no means a weak one. Perhaps it's not the best but so are this tournaments with knock-out stages. Sometimes teams win just because at a corner the ball bounced off of someone's a$$ in the net.

I don't agree with the way some of you dismiss the teams Portugal played against. Croatia beat Spain and Germany only managed a draw against Poland. I think they proved they are strong teams. And Portugal didn't have it easy with them either. They needed 240 minutes to beat them... and penalties. (30 minutes shy of playing the length of another game ) Hardly a stroll in the park.

Some of you seem to be stuck in the past with the historically big names. This 24-teams tournament showed that gap between the 'big' and 'small' teams has narrowed a lot.

2. Likes: gadjo_dilo (15th July 2016)
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Well saiz Benny. I also think Penaldo is a great player and a big goleador, although all that fuss about being a sexy guy is getting on my nerves.. He's probably a big head but at the end of the day he eas a poor boy who made it. He also proved to have a big heart.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    He's probably a big head
    That's a bit of an understatement . I've accidentally seen him some time ago on TV taking a tour of his house. He has CR7 shaped door handles . How classy and he's not self centered at all .
    But speaking strictly of football he is world class