Thread: Assetto Corsa

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Assetto Corsa

Does anyone else play it? Only recently got this as my brother said it was good, initially started out on the career and was disappointed with the massive understeer I seemed to get in FWD stuff. However I since upgraded from my xBox 360 wheel to a G29 and it made a huge difference. Have also discovered the online mode and delighted to find a game where people actually race each other. Had an absolutely epic battle at Silverstone in a one make GT86 race where I was swapping places with 2 other guys for about 5 laps until one of them dropped back and the other spun. The H-pattern shifter really adds to it to. Have just started adding mods so looking to learn a bit more about what's available and what cars/tracks are worth downloading.

Big bro also recommended iRacing but I can't justify paying those sums really so am trying to resist.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Iracing Iracing Iracing.

Yes it is expensive and the physics whilst good are apparently not as good as Assetto (I've not played Assetto), but the racing is the best you will find without question.

At the moment I spend most of my time racing GT3 and the top 20 in qualifying is usually separated by less than a second.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'm really not sure that the racing will be that much better though, not the extent that I'm happy to pay so much money just to have the game for 12 months. Even with the deals that they offer it's still expensive.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I'm really not sure that the racing will be that much better though, not the extent that I'm happy to pay so much money just to have the game for 12 months. Even with the deals that they offer it's still expensive.
    The biggest difference in the racing between Iracing and other open/private lobbies is that no other racing game increases my heart rate the same as Iracing.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!