35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lewis Hamilton

20 57.14%
  • Nico Rosberg

15 42.86%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Lauda's main criticism was that Lewis tried it at a point where it was only possible to overtake with substantial risk and he had no understanding for forcing the issue in turn two of a 66 lap race. He seemed to be convinced that Lewis would have overtaken anyway at a later (less risky) point.
    It was a premature move I agree. Nico played his part though I think and for that reason I agree with the racing incident suggestion.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    It was a premature move I agree. Nico played his part though I think and for that reason I agree with the racing incident suggestion.
    That's where the infamous team-internal "rules of engagement" at Mercedes come into play. They were established after Spa 2014 and they demand that team-internal overtakes require that the driver behind takes responsibility to avoid risk. That's why Nico always backed off when Lewis chopped across his bow. This time it was Lewis's responsibility and he ignored it, which was why even his biggest supporter was po'ed with him. I think Merc shot themselves in the foot with their constant stage-managing here, because they should have known that Lewis doesn't follow the team-internal rules after such a long time without a win.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Toto said that Rosberg lost momentum out of the corner ,maybe due to power loss,Hamilton avoided a rear collision ,and went for the pass Rosberg then tried to close the door ,forcing Hamilton onto the grass at 200 kph .Stewards will decide penalty at end of race .

Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    looking at the onboard images of hamilton, it would say its his fault. by the time he was next to nico, he was already on the gras. he tried to dive into an already disappearing hole.

imo rosberg was not obligated to leave space there .

5. Likes: BleAivano (17th May 2016),dj_bytedisaster (15th May 2016),Mia 01 (15th May 2016)
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I think it was just a racing incident.

Lewis was desperate to get back past Nico having been out-manoeuvred at turn 1, and then he found himself gaining suddenly due to (apparently) Nico losing power unexpectedly. With a fraction of a second to make a decision he went up the inside as Nico moved across to defend. I think it was pretty likely that Nico was going to move across and defend, but perhaps the unexpected speed differential is what made the difference to the outcome.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    I think both are at fault.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    http://oi67.tinypic.com/2w7kdgx.jpg

This clearly shows Lewis alongside Nico and all four wheels on the track. Nico has an obligation per the rules to leave one cars width at this point. Instead Nico pushed him wide. It may not have been intentional but it was definitely Nico's fault. The rules are the rules and the image shows Lewis is alongside, therefore, Nico should have given him room.

9. Likes: henners88 (15th May 2016),Mintexmemory (17th May 2016)
    Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    So does Nico being distracted by changing strat settings change anyones views or is that a red herring?
    I was probably always going to support Lewis so my opinion is probably already clouded.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I must say something in defense of Lewis Hamilton here .

Rosberg should have known , after having beaten him out of the first corner , and having seemingly missed the optimum settings on his car , that Lewis would be a freight train coming through regardless of him shutting the door before he got there .

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I must say something in defense of Lewis Hamilton here .

Rosberg should have known , after having beaten him out of the first corner , and having seemingly missed the optimum settings on his car , that Lewis would be a freight train coming through regardless of him shutting the door before he got there .
    So basically you're saying it is Rosberg's responsibility to move over whenever Lewis has put his helmet on back-to-front?
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

13. Likes: Bagwan (15th May 2016)