Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Spain 2016

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Ricciardo blames the team for the strategy. Quite ironic, considering that he got his maiden win by the team screwing Sebs strategy in Canada '14. (Not quite instant) karma.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I think Nico should take the blame. He was certainly blocking/defending rather than taking the optimal race line. Did you see all the other following cars at the moment the accident happened? They were all on the opposite side of the track from Hamilton and Rosberg, which suggests that Rosberg's move to block Hamilton was not simply explained by following the "racing line".
    Isn't going off the racing line to defend your position the very definition od defending your position? Or what did you think all those drivers were doing driving to the right on the start-fisnish-straight? It even has a name: 'Closing the door'.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Wow. what a great race! Absolutely incredible..
    I'm unashamed to say that Max winning even brought a tear to my eye. Yes, he was fortunate in being given the better strategy but he didn't put a wheel wrong and drove beyond his years, definitely an exceptional talent at such a young age,.... that was a real privilege and pleasure to witness.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The start-finish straight part of the race is a very different from the rest of race because there are so many cars running very close to each other, and often two or three abreast. Therefore, I think the penalties for crashing on the start-finish lane or in the first turn should be more lenient. However, by the time Hamilton and Rosberg touched, they were already very far away from the start-finish lane.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    How can he force Lewis off the track if Lewis is still behind him? The right wheels of Lewis's car where already off the tarmac before his front wing was ever next to Nico's rear wheels. Watch the overhead replay.
    Yeah, I've just seen a replay now and it was Rosberg's fault. Looks like Rosberg was in The wrong mode doing round the corner and his car started harvesting. This caused him to be extremely slow on the exit of the corner. He started fiddling with the switches to change mode, Lewis saw a gap, went for it. Then Rosberg came over and essentially blocks Lewis. Once Lewis committed to the move, he couldn't back out of it because he had so much speed. Rosberg saw Lewis lunge and cut him off. Lewis was alongside Rosberg and should have been given space. Nico wasn't entitled to come across. It was Nico's fault, ultimately caused by him being in the wrong mode. I don't believe it was in anyway intentional I liked previous occasions.

These things happen in racing in the heat of the moment.

6. Likes: henners88 (15th May 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    The useless one has just overtaken Hamilton in the driver's standings to take second place I don't think the Ferrari was quite as fast as the Red Bull today - Vettel struggled to hold off Ricciardo.
    The Ferrari looked quicker to me. It was just in the wrong hands to make it go quicker. Vettel's struggle as down to a banana's Ferrari strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah, I've just seen a replay now and it was Rosberg's fault. Looks like Rosberg was in The wrong mode doing round the corner and his car started harvesting. This caused him to be extremely slow on the exit of the corner. He started fiddling with the switches to change mode, Lewis saw a gap, went for it. Then Rosberg came over and essentially blocks Lewis. Once Lewis committed to the move, he couldn't back out of it because he had so much speed. Rosberg saw Lewis lunge and cut him off. Lewis was alongside Rosberg and should have been given space. Nico wasn't entitled to come across. It was Nico's fault, ultimately caused by him being in the wrong mode. I don't believe it was in anyway intentional I liked previous occasions.

These things happen in racing in the heat of the moment.
    Sorry, you're wrong. Yes, Rosberg slowed down, but Lewis was NOT alongside. He went into the gras and then his frontwing appeared next to Nico's wheel. He could have avoided that by tapping the brakes. He tried to force a gap, but he was actually off-track, so the only thing he was entitled to at that point was a nasty accident. The sequence of events is important. He was FIRST in the grass oand only then he got alongside. That's not how shit works.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I´m happy for Max!. Kimi, yeah, second in WDC!!!!!!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    This was a fantastic race for two reasons. First, Verstappen wins his first ever race in his first race with Red Bull. That doesn't happen often. Kvyat is going to wet his pillow with tears tonight. Second, the Hamilton-Rosberg accident. This accident ensured that I can grab a bag of popcorn and watch the opposing sides argue with each other for the next two weeks until Monaco. This hasn't happened since Belgian GP of 2014.

11. Likes: Mia 01 (15th May 2016)
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Fantastic race. Great to see Max Verstappen win his first race.

Plenty of action, and plenty to talk about!