Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Verstappen to Red Bull!!!

Hi all, Long time since I've posted on here, great to be back. I've just seen this on the bbc website. Max to replace Kvyat at red bull. I think this is move so Red bull get to keep hold of Max. They've just found an reason to replace him. Thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36206848
    Jenson Button fan till i die
    He Who Dares Wins :)

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Great for Max, he's obviously got a great talent. I'm concerned about Sainz, though - last yeat he was a match for Verstappen, only to be let down by reliability. I'm worried that he might go the Buemi or Alguersuari route.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Seems like quite the over-reaction doesn't it. But as you say, the collision in Sochi is surely a convenient excuse to do something they wanted to do for other reasons.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Wow... that's a huge development. I thought it would definitely happen at the end of the season but not right now.
    I agree that It has to be to keep a hold of him. Ferrari would probably have given him Kimi's seat.

Max is a huge talent and a future WDC for sure but I feel a bit sorry for Kyviat, he messed up big time in Sochi but he didn't quite deserve that.

Ric and Max? Now that is a very strong driver line up imo. I think Ric will find Max to be a real threat to his No1 driver position next year. Looking forward to it...

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I heard this might be in the works a couple of days ago but I didn't believe it. Then again, with a disgusting bunch such as RBR it's hardly a surprise.

This an absurd over-reaction. It just shows really what RBR are and that they haven't learned a thing from their whole saga with Renault last year. Instead of working with Kvyat after a tough race in Russia where he made one, they just throw the toys out of the pram and say you're done, much like they did with Renault last year. I really hate them as a team and I stand by my assertion that F1 would be better off without them. I'm still of the opinion that Kvyat was to blame for the first corner shunt with Vettel but there was nothing he could have done about hitting him the second time, Vettel was simply slower through the corner than could be expected.

As for Max, this could be a good or incredibly bad thing. He may now move on and excel at RBR or he may crash and burn. He's only 18 years and I'm skeptical that, even with all the talent he so clearly has, if he can cope with the pressure that is going to be bestowed upon him. He's either going to crash and burn or shine. I hope for him it's the latter.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 5th May 2016 at 11:46.

7. Likes: Tazio (6th May 2016),truefan72 (5th May 2016)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1kid1987 View Post
    Hi all, Long time since I've posted on here, great to be back. I've just seen this on the bbc website. Max to replace Kvyat at red bull. I think this is move so Red bull get to keep hold of Max. They've just found an reason to replace him. Thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36206848
    This has to be the only reason.

Kvyat wasn't as fast as Ricciardo, but they are clearly using the Russian GP crashes as an excuse to do what they wanted to do regardless.

9. Likes: A FONDO (5th May 2016)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Yes, totally agree. RB's handling of Kvyat will also add huge pressure on him to do well and at short notice.
    If I was Max I think I'd rather have gone to Ferrari or Merc after seeing how ruthless they are prepared to be. Very unpleasant.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Hold your horses folks. Kvyat hasn't been exactly fired from the Red Bull organization. According to BBC:

"Kvyat, who crashed into Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel twice within two corners at his home grand prix, has been dropped to junior team Toro Rosso. "

That's a really interesting development because not only this punishes Kvyat, but it also puts Kvyat, Sainz, and Verstappen under a serious test. If Verstappen performs no better than Kvyat in Red Bull, then you know what will happen with Verstappen next season. Likewise, if Sainz fails to beat Kvyat the remaining races this season, you also know what happens. On the other hand, if Kvyat manages to beat say Ricciardo a few times in the rest of season, then he might get a contract at one of the Red Bull teams for another year. I think this is brilliant. This is why I like RedBull. They have been bringing the best and the most ambitious talent into F1 for almost a decade now.
    Last edited by zako85; 5th May 2016 at 13:10.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    No driver worth any talent should drive for RBR.
    Ricciardo will be gone at the end of the season. No reason to hang around such a team
    you can't argue with results.