Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Liked 85 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That's completely correct from them. Yellow flag in rallying has very different meaning than on circuits. It means that the stage is canceled for every crew which is shown the yellow flag and the decision about it is only up to the clerk of the stage. No marshal can decide on his own.
    The situation was to dangerous to not show a yellow flag. Crashes happened over crest, so the upcoming drivers didn't see the car + the crowD around it. There where no actions taken by the stewards, i even think they didn't contact the clerk of the stage.
    Last edited by Jasper; 28th June 2016 at 08:49.
    'pitn skartn'

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    That's completely correct from them. Yellow flag in rallying has very different meaning than on circuits. It means that the stage is canceled for every crew which is shown the yellow flag and the decision about it is only up to the clerk of the stage. No marshal can decide on his own.
    There is also different ruling in BRC than in ERC, in BRC the flag would have been used for this situation but not waving the flag (If I recall correctly.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    The situation was to dangerous to not show a yellow flag. Crashes happened over crest, so the upcoming drivers didn't see the car + the crowD around it. There where no actions taken by the stewards, i even think they didn't contact the clerk of the stage.
    I am sorry but marshal is not allowed to use yellow flag on his own decision. Only clerk of the stage can decide to cancel the stage for several crews. That's the rule and everybody must follow it.

They can slow the cars down by other means but not by yellow flag.

Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    There is also different ruling in BRC than in ERC, in BRC the flag would have been used for this situation but not waving the flag (If I recall correctly.
    ERC event is run under the international sporting code of FIA.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 85 Times in 38 Posts
    I am sorry but marshal is not allowed to use yellow flag on his own decision. Only clerk of the stage can decide to cancel the stage for several crews. That's the rule and everybody must follow it.

They can slow the cars down by other means but not by yellow flag.

ERC event is run under the international sporting code of FIA.

You don't have to be sorry. I understand your point. I just wanted to explain the situation. In my opinion the stewards made a mistake. If they solve it by a yellow flag or something else, makes no difference to me. Safety first
    'pitn skartn'

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    You don't have to be sorry. I understand your point. I just wanted to explain the situation. In my opinion the stewards made a mistake. If they solve it by a yellow flag or something else, makes no difference to me. Safety first
    It would create a mess. The stage would be de facto canceled for the affected crews (they have to continue the stage in road-section mode when a yellow flag is shown to them) but it would not be canceled de jure as competent body didn't make the decision to cancel the stage. In that case the crews would probably receive no notional times or at least a chaos would start. That's why the use of yellow flag in rallying is not ideal and in my opinion the rule shall be changed - for example by using two different flag colors. In this case I think they shall have slowed the next crews down by gesticulation.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
    It was really great event
    you can see my gallery here
    http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1458

7. Likes: dimviii (28th June 2016),Mirek (28th June 2016)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    nice photos sete,thanks!

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Ypres Rally in talks with the British Rally Ch'ship for 2017 according to Motoring News !!

10. Likes: tommeke_B (29th June 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ypres Rally in talks with the British Rally Ch'ship for 2017 according to Motoring News !!
    Seems that the British championship (it's confusing in this context to refer to it as the BRC) is looking to expand next year. The organising parties had conversations about it at WRC Sardinia. Ypres manager Penasse is open to it - says it's down to the British championship to decide. They are talking to competitors as supposedly they will lock in the British calendar by the end of July. But it doesn't sound like a done deal - even though the headline says 'BRC to Ypres'.

No word or sign this is any kind of replacement for the ERC. Only the harsh words we heard from Penasse ahead of the event.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Seems that the British championship (it's confusing in this context to refer to it as the BRC) is looking to expand next year. The organising parties had conversations about it at WRC Sardinia. Ypres manager Penasse is open to it - says it's down to the British championship to decide. They are talking to competitors as supposedly they will lock in the British calendar by the end of July. But it doesn't sound like a done deal - even though the headline says 'BRC to Ypres'.

No word or sign this is any kind of replacement for the ERC. Only the harsh words we heard from Penasse ahead of the event.
    Sorry haven't been following the Ypres thread - Is there a doubt regarding Ypres being an ERC round in future? If so that would be absolutely stupid. But a BRC concurrent round would be great - I'd go!! (3rd time if it's on next year)
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!