Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sochi 2016

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    There is simply no way that anyone would recover 12 seconds to Nico and then overtake him while on older tyres
    Let he reach him, then it is easy - we know how easy Nico breaks under pressure.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Appalling race circuit. It reminds me of Valencia but 10 times duller.

It feels like they just turn up to do a bit of advertising and run through the motions.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    Let he reach him, then it is easy - we know how easy Nico breaks under pressure.
    He had enough trouble getting past Bottas. What would have been the chances to get past a guy on top of his game in the same car? And Rosberg's fastest lap at the end was ample proof that he was not even going flat-out for most of the race. Had Lewis not gotten that water leak, he might have closed in towards 5 seconds and then Rosberg would have given it enough to stay ahead. This was never Lewis' race to win after that problem in qualifying.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Is the Sochi circuit really that bad? There was decent close racing and overtakes in the midfield. The biggest problem of this race was not the circuit but the fact that even before the race started, it was already clear with 90% probability that Rosberg will have an easy win, since both Vettel and Hamilton were starting from the back rows. I was expecting a race where the primary action will be for the remaining podium positions among Williams, Red Bull, and Ferrari cars.

Another problem is again (just like 2014) with the Pirelli's tire choice. Pirelli brought tire compounds that pretty much left no room for creativity. The only clear strategy choice was to have one pit stop, using super soft tires once, and once soft tires. As result, by the lap 25-27, it was clear to me how the race would end. If Pirelli brought the ultra soft tire, the race could have been more interesting. Now, recall how Pirelli brought a tire in 2014 that could last the entire race. Rosberg changed his tires on the first lap, and was good to go for the rest of the race, and still finishing on podium. The 2015 race was actually quite good.
    Last edited by zako85; 2nd May 2016 at 14:49.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker View Post
    Awesome, awesome start. Couldn't wish for a better one.
    I do hope that is sarcasm.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JakefromWRC View Post
    I only say this because of the interactions between Kyvat and Vettel, but I have yet to see the full race.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Garry Walker is suffering from small penis syndrome. That's why he hates Vettel with a passion. Just ignore him. He's completely and pathologically brain-damaged, because people don't share his predilection for owning guns and shooting people.He's the prototype american we would love to remove from the human gene pool.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Is the Sochi circuit really that bad? There was decent close racing and overtakes in the midfield. The biggest problem of this race was not the circuit but the fact that even before the race started, it was already clear with 90% probability that Rosberg will have an easy win, since both Vettel and Hamilton were starting from the back rows. I was expecting a race where the primary action will be for the remaining podium positions among Williams, Red Bull, and Ferrari cars.

Another problem is again (just like 2014) with the Pirelli's tire choice. Pirelli brought tire compounds that pretty much left no room for creativity. The only clear strategy choice was to have one pit stop, using super soft tires once, and once soft tires. As result, by the lap 25-27, it was clear to me how the race would end. If Pirelli brought the ultra soft tire, the race could have been more interesting. Now, recall how Pirelli brought a tire in 2014 that could last the entire race. Rosberg changed his tires on the first lap, and was good to go for the rest of the race, and still finishing on podium. The 2015 race was actually quite good.
    I don't know why they didn't bring ultra soft tyres to this race, possibly because of the long turn 3? Mediums were absolutley unsuited to this circuit.

No. I enjoyed it immensly.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Garry Walker is suffering from small penis syndrome.
    Your mom didn't think that, but I can't be totally sure, she had her mouth full at the time...

He's completely and pathologically brain-damaged, because people don't share his predilection for owning guns and shooting people.He's the prototype american.
    What an "accurate" perception of who I am. I better get that yankee citizenship

we would love to remove from the human gene pool.
    Considering that I have never shat my pants when drunk unlike you, I think there is no reason for you to worry about my gene pool
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    why would anyone want their jeans in a pool?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    *Grabs popcorn*