Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    That's the most important point. Like the RB's 2011-2013, the Merc is optimized for running upfront and struggles in traffic. Due to his bad starts Lewis was in traffic most of the times. Technical gremlins aside, that has been his biggest stumbling block so far.
    that, i will agree on. and to be honest the 2 poles should have given him 2 leads in the first 2 races. we shall see if he improves
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I honestly see retirements being even at best from here. 1 or 2 each maybe. I see no way Hamilton can claw it back.

2014 we at least saw the two Mercedes drivers race wheel to wheel. 2015 was dull as Hammy had it easy. 2016 in terms of season will be dull as Rosberg has it easy. Very poor for F1.

Only the good midfield racing will save individual races.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    DNFs are equally likely for Rosberg and Hamilton. It's unlikely that Nico will finish every race, but the same goes for Lewis as well. If you flip a coin four times and get four heads, you still don't get a higher probability of getting tails in the next try.

Last year's Toro Rosso drivers are a perfect example of how DNFs don't have to be distributed equally. Sainz had seven DNFs, all down to car failures - Verstappen had only two such retirements, plus an accident in Monaco.
    Agreed and if that happens the it happens. I remember Michael Schumacher in 2012 where I thought he was better than Rosberg throughout the year but too many reliability issues meant he got out-pointed. The same might be about to happen here but, in general, these things tend to even out over a season, although not always. 7 wins on the throt for Hamilton and he's back in it. That's definitely within his his ability. We'll see but it's making for an interesting season!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    He's beginning to lose it .
    No champagne spray for second .
    He said he was "chill" about it all before the race .
    He's not .

He's upset about the engineering staff switch . He said he wasn't , but he is .

He was praised up and down for keeping it together at the last race , and rightly so .

But , he's gonna explode soon .

5. Likes: Mia 01 (2nd May 2016)
    It has been a really gutting season for him. Due to his own bad starts early on and issues since.

You could tell in his interviews after qualifying that he was massively frustrated even though he said he wasn't.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    It has been a really gutting season for him. Due to his own bad starts early on and issues since.

You could tell in his interviews after qualifying that he was massively frustrated even though he said he wasn't.
    Aren't we talking about a luxury problem here? He hasn't had a DNF so far. He started his championship year with zero points after Melbourne 2014. We're only four races into the season with more than four times as many still to come. Forty-three points is a laughable gap in that perspective. One DNF for Nico and the deficit is cut in half.

And all that in a car which means a guaranteed podium as long as you start anywhere but the last row, and he would most likely have scored a podium in China too had Merc done the sensible thing and started from the pit lane and not called him in to change tyres every five laps.

Even if he should take an engine penalty later this year, which would mean he starts 11th, he is still virtually guaranteed 2nd place unless Kvyat fails to nerf Vettel off the track or Seb's motor accidentally forgets to detonate. Vettel 2014 - that was a bad season. Lewis this year is still comfortably in contention for the title, unlike 20 other drivers.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

8. Likes: Mia 01 (2nd May 2016),Nornbugger (2nd May 2016)
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Vettel 2014 - that was a bad season.
    Unlike that, Lewis is actually not considerably slower in almost every race compared to his teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post

Yes, he has reasons to be frustrated. But he still has 3 podiums and most of the season is still to do. So he must not become petulant and moody, instead it is time for him to concentrate on his job and do less of stupid instagram posts of him "hanging" around in certain places. A bit more "Schumacher" like attitude when it comes to dedication and work wouldn't hurt.
    "signature room for rent"

10. Likes: steveaki13 (2nd May 2016),The Black Knight (3rd May 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker View Post
    Unlike that, Lewis is actually not considerably slower in almost every race compared to his teammate.

Yes, he has reasons to be frustrated. But he still has 3 podiums and most of the season is still to do. So he must not become petulant and moody, instead it is time for him to concentrate on his job and do less of stupid instagram posts of him "hanging" around in certain places. A bit more "Schumacher" like attitude when it comes to dedication and work wouldn't hurt.
    Yes thats true Garry. good points.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    He's beginning to lose it .
    No champagne spray for second .
    He said he was "chill" about it all before the race .
    He's not .

He's upset about the engineering staff switch . He said he wasn't , but he is .

He was praised up and down for keeping it together at the last race , and rightly so .

But , he's gonna explode soon .
    You know I really don't see The Boss popping. If Nico continues to get the better of him I think he will just play it off, record some Hip Hop, hit on some Mcbabes, and cruise his purple Zonda. I think that their will be some anecdotal comments that a provocative press try to twist into something they are not, but the Boss will remain chill IMHO.
    May the forza be with you

13. Likes: truefan72 (4th May 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker View Post

Exactly, and that's the big difference!

I agree with you on his work etiquette. I always get the impression with Hamilton that the only reason he ever gets beaten by his teammate is that he doesn't work hard enough at times. Even since Russia he has jetted off to New York for a night and he's just landed back in Luton now. It isn't good enough to just show up on weekends, spend 3 days with your Engineers and then say adios for the next couple of weeks until the next race. It's also what I feel might prevent Hamilton from achieving all time great status among devoted F1 fans as I do feel it affects his performance a little. I think if he worked as hard as Vettel or Rosberg does or Schumacher did, he'd be unstoppable.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 3rd May 2016 at 11:55.