Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Lewis appears to be in a bad place right now. On the race track and with his focus. Weird one to be honest.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    That seems to be a frequent problem for him.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I feel inclined to remind everyone that while a DNF for Nico will throw Lewis back into the fight, a DNF for Lewis and a first or second place for Nico will just wrap up the championship for the German. Be advised that luck is a double-edged sword.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Yup, DNF's can go either way. And even though Lewis has had more mechanical problems this year than Nico, I think he is still more likely to suffer another one than his teammate. It has nothing to do with driving style or Mercedes conspiracy theories, just logic based on where they are points wise and where they need to be to win. Nico only needs to finish 2nd in remaining races. With the dominance of Mercedes this year, he can afford to 'turn down the wick' a bit, thereby improving his reliability and still finish 2nd in races. Lewis on the other hand will need to do the opposite. If he wants to 'win it all', he'll need a string of wins as well as a bit of bad luck on Nico's part. He has no choice but to turn up the wick to get ahead of Nico. The down side of this will be decreased reliability. He'll be racing with a 'Hero or Zero' mentality.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Nico is not going to want to win it with a string of second place finishes .
    All and sundry will see it as a weak win , for sure .
    So , expect a battle , as Lewis has nothing to lose , and seems to have his head screwed on tighter now .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Lewis appears to be in a bad place right now. On the race track and with his focus. Weird one to be honest.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I would be in a very bad place given his experience with the Mercedes car this year. It has been a year where the driver title was not been properly fought for. From Hamilton's perspective, he has not really been given the car to fight for the title this year. Yea the Merc is quick, but is no good if it has points debilitating problems every other race. Frankly, Hamilton has nothing to be cheerful about.
    As a fan, it has turned out to be a farce of a season frankly. Any F1 driver in retirement would win the driver's title in their current state given the reliable car of Rosberg. Montoya, Villeneuve or even Mansell would win it, if you had placed them in the car at the start of this season and given Rosbergs Reliability plus Hamilton having the problems that he has had thus far.

That is not to say Rosberg is not a deserving winner if he pulls it off. It is just that, there has been no serious wheel to wheel battle at the front for the title. The 2016 Merc has been such a disappointment from a reliability perspective, from dodgy start problems to brake issue to all sorts of engine gremlins. Which has accumulated to a very hollow season as the fastest team of the season has failed to deliver a show. Considering the competition are really not in the fight but only thereabout to snap up low hanging fruits like when the Merc have a problem or two.

As a result, l really think this is not a very important season. F1 2016 has lacked gravitas.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th October 2016 at 00:08.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I feel inclined to remind everyone that while a DNF for Nico will throw Lewis back into the fight, a DNF for Lewis and a first or second place for Nico will just wrap up the championship for the German. Be advised that luck is a double-edged sword.
    Based on what we have seen so far, a DNF for Hamilton would not surprise me, hence a DNF for Rosberg may not throw the title wide open as some may think.

It has gone to the wire alas, but it seems the die is cast with exception of the hand of God or higher power to what transpires in Abu Dhabi. Rosberg is the only one standing in his way of being the driver's champion of 2016.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 20th November 2016 at 21:59.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    So should Lewis win in Abu Dhabi and Rosberg come second, it will be the first time a driver has won 10 races and not won the championship.

Looking at this fact and the reliability issues he has had, had the reliability been the same for both drivers, then we could have actually seen Lewis with one of the most dominant seasons in history only denied by reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    So should Lewis win in Abu Dhabi and Rosberg come second, it will be the first time a driver has won 10 races and not won the championship.

Looking at this fact and the reliability issues he has had, had the reliability been the same for both drivers, then we could have actually seen Lewis with one of the most dominant seasons in history only denied by reliability.
    Quite true. the whole thing seems very fishy to me. We should analyze this season in some detail after Abu Dhabi.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Let's not forget that Rosberg has won 9 races. It wouldn't be the first time that a driver has won the championship without winning the most races. Indeed, Lewis himself has done that.

11. Likes: gm99 (21st November 2016)