Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    So, if all beat boggie stupid time, Evans never will win this rally f.e. The faster can't win time to others.

Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Still I think that it's possible to find a more fair way to solve the issue and in my opinion it is necessary to do so as the cars get faster and faster every year.
    So propose a solution that will not increase the costs for organisers; yes the problem can be solved by throwing money at it but with the threatened increase in Welsh Forestry charges, which if it goes through will more than likely spread to the whole UK, the sport is in already in crisis in the UK. Not to mention the number of organisers quitting the sport because the work load imposed by the new safety regime has become too much for them.
    Last edited by Martin Liddle; 30th April 2016 at 18:02.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    So, if all beat boggie stupid time, Evans never will win this rally f.e. The faster can't win time to others.
    At the current moment there are 46 competitors classified and none of them are tied. Having anyone beat the bogey time is highly unsatisfactory for competitors and organisers but sometimes miscalculations occur.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Why didnt they have someone test these stages and if they are very fast just put a couple of haybale chicanes in... I 've seen this done on many occaisions.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    So propose a solution that will not increase the costs for organisers; yes the problem can be solved by throwing money at it but with the threatened increase in Welsh Forestry charges, which if it goes through will more than likely spread to the whole UK, the sport is in already in crisis in the UK. Not to mention the number of organisers quitting the sport because the work load imposed by the new safety regime has become too much for them.
    I admitt I don't know how insurance is done in UK rallies but the issue will only get bigger and bigger. The cars will be faster every year. That's simple fact and the system must count with that. There is no other way because insisting on this system leads to a farce which we see here now. I am sorry to say that but it's not a rally wort following anymore.

Here in CZ there is a fixed maximum average speed given by ASN for safety reasons and if that is reached by at least three drivers or by at least one non-priority driver the stage is canceled for the second run and must be modified or replaced for next edition. The achieved times are still counted even if they are over the allowed average speed simply because cutting what's faster is unfair and ruins the sporting side of the event. One of the results of this system is those damned chicanes but it's still better to have some chicanes in stage than no stage at all.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Report coming now that Ahlin's SS4 time is incorrect and he's likely still leading !

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    A couple of tweets from the BRC:

1/2 We share the frustration of fans, drivers and teams but the Bogey issue is out of our hands. #BRC

2/2 The UK legislation allows a max average speed of 70mph on gravel rallies. This is not a BRC issue but legislation of this country. #BRC

I'll duck out of the discussion as I'm confident I don't really know what I'm talking about. Just a shame it couldn't have been anticipated and changes made prior to the event.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Here in CZ there is a fixed maximum average speed given by ASN for safety reasons and if that is reached by at least three drivers or by at least one non-priority driver the stage is canceled for the second run and must be modified or replaced for next edition. The achieved times are still counted even if they are over the allowed average speed simply because cutting what's faster is unfair and ruins the sporting side of the event. One of the results of this system is those damned chicanes but it's still better to have some chicanes in stage than no stage at all.
    That sounds like a reasonable system. What is the average speed specified by the ASN and how often is the second running of stages cancelled?

DMack:
    It's a rally organiser issue, they are aware of the rules and should plan the stages to suit. https://t.co/1AJyJyfzmG

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    That sounds like a reasonable system. What is the average speed specified by the ASN and how often is the second running of stages cancelled?
    It's 120 km/h and we have only asphalt events (it used to be 130 km/h but it was lowered as a result of the crisis with several deadly accidents several years a go). If I remember right two or three stages were canceled over the 2015 season within both the national championship and the rallysprint series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    DMack:
    It's a rally organiser issue, they are aware of the rules and should plan the stages to suit. https://t.co/1AJyJyfzmG
    That's true but the issue is that the rule doesn't penalize the organizer for selecting unsuitable stage but the crews instead and in the same time it makes not much for the safety. Hiding the real time doesn't make the crews magically slow down. They keep driving as fast as they can and the only result of all this is that the risk they take is for nothing.
    Last edited by Mirek; 30th April 2016 at 19:00.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: makinen_fan (1st May 2016)