Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I still don't understand what does it mean. I have never seen something like that. What's the purpose?
    It is something that is more or less unique to UK rallying. There is a maximum average speed (in this case 70mph) and competitors going faster than that are credited with the 70mph time. The MSA claim that it something the insurers insist on to keep the insurance premiums down. Events can apply for special permission to dispense with the bogey time (usually only granted to International status events) but then the insurance premium is substantially higher.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    British autism at its finest... what a joke.

3. Likes: Allyc85 (30th April 2016),AndyRAC (30th April 2016),Arnold Triyudho Wardono (2nd May 2016),EightGear (30th April 2016),EstWRC (30th April 2016),HaCo (30th April 2016),makinen_fan (1st May 2016),pantealex (2nd May 2016),TWRC (30th April 2016)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    I still don't understand what does it mean. I have never seen something like that. What's the purpose?
    It is a time based on average speed that is taken as the fastest allowed stage time on UK rallies, we've had them for a long time, I seem to remember that on the 86 Ulster Rally a number of competitors equalled or beat it for the first few stages.

The 2013 MSA Yearbook states that “if the stage is wholly on a sealed surface, no Competitor should be able to achieve an average speed of more than 75mph” [R28.1.1.] and “if the stage is run partly or wholly on unsealed surfaces, no Competitor should be able to achieve an average speed of more than 65mph.” [R28.2.2.] A crew cannot set a Stage Time which has a quicker average speed than this.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Instant facepalm when I saw this on SS1. Bogey times have no business being in an event of this calibre. Again evidence that the individual event organisers need a bit of help from the series/promoters to iron out these issues.

I think the series has grown quicker than a lot of people were ready for and it needs sorting out next year if it's to progress.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: AndyRAC (30th April 2016)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Thanks, that's very strange rule and in my opinion pretty unfair one. We have also a rule about maximum average speed (it shall be for safety) but it only states that the same stage can not be run in the second loop and further in the next years. The times still count though as the crews worked (and risked) quite a lot to achieve them.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    It is a time based on average speed that is taken as the fastest allowed stage time on UK rallies, we've had them for a long time, I seem to remember that on the 86 Ulster Rally a number of competitors equalled or beat it for the first few stages.
    I have been involved in UK Rallying for more than fifty years and bogey times have been used for all that time on the vast majority of events.

The 2013 MSA Yearbook states that “if the stage is wholly on a sealed surface, no Competitor should be able to achieve an average speed of more than 75mph” [R28.1.1.] and “if the stage is run partly or wholly on unsealed surfaces, no Competitor should be able to achieve an average speed of more than 65mph.” [R28.2.2.] A crew cannot set a Stage Time which has a quicker average speed than this.
    Average speeds were raised by 5mph for unsealed surfaces in 2015.

9. Likes: Nornbugger (30th April 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Again evidence that the individual event organisers need a bit of help from the series/promoters to iron out these issues.
    Organisers are supported by a Sporting Consultant from IMS with extensive experience of WRC organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    Organisers are supported by a Sporting Consultant from IMS with extensive experience of WRC organisation.
    What does it change on the fact that it's pretty stupid? In this particular case the crews fought hard for exactly nothing on two out of four stages.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (30th April 2016)
    What does it change on the fact that it's pretty stupid? In this particular case the crews fought hard for exactly nothing on two out of four stages.
    I was replying to a specific point about organisers receiving support from the series promoters. I have never liked the bogey time system but organisers are hard pressed enough financially in the UK without an increase in insurance premiums.

Thanks for the reply. Still I think that it's possible to find a more fair way to solve the issue and in my opinion it is necessary to do so as the cars get faster and faster every year.