Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Trying to reason with British autism is a lost war...
    I think it's clear to all who displays the autistic traits.

2. Likes: Allyc85 (3rd May 2016),Munkvy (3rd May 2016)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b3637853 View Post
    I just stated that people who created the rule about speed limit in rally should get some sense. Obviously organisers have to obey the rules as rally couldn't take place. But just look at this from the outside. What If I told you there is a rally organised somewhere and the drivers can't use 5th gear. Ridiculous isn't it?

Personally I think the ridiculous thing is the lack of understanding for the rules in the sport by its fans, and more so the harsh attitude to a small group of people who gave up their time to organise this event and got it wrong. Get over yourselves guys cause one thing you can be sure of is that the organisers will still be feeling the humiliation of what happened at the weekend long after you've all moved on to something new. It's a shame what happened but as far as I can see the only person really affected by it all was Elfyn Evans who lost 2nd place and a joint lead in the BRC.

4. Likes: MrJan (2nd May 2016)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    Do the insurance companies want those stupid bogey times (which I heard about for the first time in my life this past weekend)? Is that their 'solution?' Or did the MSA/the organisers/whoever else come up with that idea?
    I don't know for sure, however I believe that the insurers would want some mitigation to keep speeds down.

In regards to more effective ways of lowering speeds, remember that choice of what stages can be used is increasingly limited by land owners, so sometimes all that's available is quick stuff and the simplest way to reduce speeds on that is to insert chicanes. As you say stage miles are already heavily limited for a lot of events, one of the downsides of being a tiny island without huge swathes of forest to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Trying to reason with British autism is a lost war...
    A bit like reasoning with you....also it would be nice if you didn't compare some trivial motorsport regulations with a serious mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by b3637853 View Post
    I just stated that people who created the rule about speed limit in rally should get some sense
    Take it up with the insurance industry then, don't start complaining about the volunteers (that's in bold because I don't think people realise it enough) that organised the event. The whole point of what we're saying is that the regulation had to be created in order for any rally in the UK to get the insurance required for it to run. What's ridiculous is that supposedly well informed fans aren't clever enough to understand it.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

6. Likes: Jack4688` (2nd May 2016)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    It is an interesting solution but it seems to me that it makes a small number of competitors at the front of the field happy but if a stage second run is cancelled then the majority of the competitors who couldn't get close to the bogey are unhappy.
    Dear Martin, I believe the whole thing shall be about safety. Hiding the real time but actually running the stage makes nothing for the safety at all. Moreover it means the risk the crews take on such "unsafe stage" is for nothing. Cancelation of such stage is for sure radical but it's fair and safe.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: Andre Oliveira (3rd May 2016),b3637853 (3rd May 2016),leighton323 (2nd May 2016),TWRC (3rd May 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    The bogie times on this event were a mess, but the important thing is to learn the lesson and avoid having this trouble again on the series.

BRC has fulfilled rally fans expectations. Entry lists are amazing, just like the majority of the chosen events routes and there’s also a nice coverage on the media.

The championship revamp it’s great for British and Global rallying. It’d be a shame wasting the hard work with such easy to fix issues. Having more chicanes or to choose slightly slower routes can’t be that hard.

Btw, Ahlin is giving a nice fight to Evans and Wilson can become a new outsider, besides Bogie or Cave. McCormack speed in the old S2000 Fabia is also amazing (he’s he really using Khumo’s?). Many interesting stuff to keep following BRC.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Mirek said the essential: Hide the time don't cut the "risk"

11. Likes: pantealex (3rd May 2016)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    No problem with bogey times. Just make a rule saying the cars only can use bicycle tyres (eg. standard 155x15) adn of course try to use farmers transit roads for stages.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Dear Martin, I believe the whole thing shall be about safety. Hiding the real time but actually running the stage makes nothing for the safety at all. Moreover it means the risk the crews take on such "unsafe stage" is for nothing. Cancelation of such stage is for sure radical but it's fair and safe.
    Agree. With this kind of regulations the rally was not safe nor fair about results. And it is not the case of understanding the "bogey times". It's not a rocket science. This whole thread is saying that rally fans don't want rallies to be forced to conduct this way.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Average speeds might be the least of peoples worries in this country if Natural Resources Wales has it's own way...

https://www.msauk.org/Open-letter-fr...hief-Executive

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Personally speaking, this a bigger issue for the national/ club events held in Wales; as there are a lot of events that use the Welsh forests.
    Believe it or not, RallyGB doesn't have to be held in Wales - in fact the MSA should be moving it around, and trying to grow the sport instead of taking the short term gain/ Welsh Assembly cash.

It has to be said, the sport in the UK seems to be on borrowed time; forest allowance being cut by the year - and the closed road rallying solution seems to have stagnated.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

16. Likes: Mintexmemory (3rd May 2016)