Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    What a joke.

Just when the BRC was actually getting good they go and shoot themselves in the foot.

I can't believe the organisers can be that cash strapped. There is enough money in the sport to buy and run all these R5 cars suddenly.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (1st May 2016)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    SS6 Bogey time beaten..

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Liddle View Post
    So who foots the bill for a full time paid organising team?
    Well it's got to be IMS - they're hardly short of cash. If they want to be involved and run the BRC, then do it properly!

They seem to be saying it's not their fault about the bogeys; if it's their series, then they should have more of a role in each event.

Sadly, the event has become a farce.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

5. Likes: Leon (1st May 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Congrats to Ahlin. After Evans' problem I think he would have been the rally winner regardless of bogey times. I think he might even have been quickest through SS1. Not sure about the other two lost stages. But it still leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Glad I went to the previous two rounds and not this one.

Disappointing oversight and I stand by my original post that the organisers need more high level help on these events. The fans in the stages certainly aren't a consideration this year, so you'd better make doubly sure the competitors are happy.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Congrats to Ahlin. After Evans' problem I think he would have been the rally winner regardless of bogey times. I think he might even have been quickest through SS1. Not sure about the other two lost stages. But it still leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Glad I went to the previous two rounds and not this one.

Disappointing oversight and I stand by my original post that the organisers need more high level help on these events. The fans in the stages certainly aren't a consideration this year, so you'd better make doubly sure the competitors are happy.
    As a spectator Simmi what you'd have been watching would have been exactly the same.

Seems a few 'knowledgeable' folk on here, mybe you could offer some of your time to help organise?
    I've done it and won't be doing anymore, its hard work and outside your immediate team its totally thankless.

As well as the rally win Fredrik Aahlin leads the BRC after playing his 'joker'. Ahlin 65 with Evans second with 60 points.

SS6 - Elfyn Evans completed in 5.28.1, the nominal time given to him was 5.52.0. Nearly 24 seconds faster over 6.83 miles !

Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Congrats to Ahlin. After Evans' problem I think he would have been the rally winner regardless of bogey times. I think he might even have been quickest through SS1. Not sure about the other two lost stages.
    Evans was significantly quicker than Ahlin on the other two stages were the bogey was beaten but Ahlin would still have won. Without bogeys Evans would been second rather than third but the rest of the top five would be unchanged.
    Disappointing oversight and I stand by my original post that the organisers need more high level help on these events.
    They had the support of a WRC Clerk of the Course and a WRC Deputy Clerk of the Course; what level of support do you envisage?
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    SS6 - Elfyn Evans completed in 5.28.1, the nominal time given to him was 5.52.0. Nearly 24 seconds faster over 6.83 miles !
    What a farce.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Shame for David Bogie, going off on SS5... was having a good run...