Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Here they are in one word - Lukyanuk!

I have seen only three stages. We planned four but somehow a good lunch won over second pass of Březová And I also made a stupid navigation mistake in planning a walking path through some forest which in the end didn't cost us any stage but made us really tired...

I haven't seen a single crazy thing from Lukyanuk and so haven't my friends on other places! He just drives extremely well, very precise with no signs of overdriving at all. Kopecký looked more aggressive where I was (only fast places - smooth, rough and even some serious cutting). In the end we all agreed that Lukyanuk looked clearly fastest of all.

What is very clear is that Lukyanuk's and not only his Fiesta works better on rough surface, bumps and under heavy braking than Fabia of Kopecký. There are rumors about new evolution of dampers in several Fiestas R5 and it may well be true because they work awesome. It also looks like Fiestas brake better. Regarding engine I would still bet on Fabia.

By the way in JERC it was the opposite - Ingram looked quite a lot more aggressive and flamboyant than extremely clean and calm Griebel and he was still faster. The most flamboyant junior guy was for sure Gryazin.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (27th August 2016),dimviii (27th August 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (28th August 2016),marcosg (27th August 2016)
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    A Low Quality video from of a fast section we did today.. https://twitter.com/TACrally/status/769580912803741696

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

4. Likes: dimviii (27th August 2016)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

What is very clear is that Lukyanuk's and not only his Fiesta works better on rough surface, bumps and under heavy braking than Fabia of Kopecký. There are rumors about new evolution of dampers in several Fiestas R5 and it may well be true because they work awesome. It also looks like Fiestas brake better.
    perhaps helps that car is prepared and H Racing, a Czech garage that knows kind of roads/setups etc?

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    what does Kopecky said at start of video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niHX0J4D3o8
    Something along this: I have never driven so fast on Barum rally. I told to Pavel that it feels like I'm getting back to my youth. It's not crazy but completely flat out. Than he answered a question if it's possible to drive faster by saying that Lukynuk shows it is. At the end he wished Lukyanuk good luck and added that he's kind of worried about him.

7. Likes: dimviii (27th August 2016),mousti (28th August 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    A Low Quality video from of a fast section we did today.. https://twitter.com/TACrally/status/769580912803741696

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk
    better on facebook,at twitter there is no sound for me at least.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1076495155762958

9. Likes: mousti (28th August 2016)
    PS We shall not forget that Luky is on Pirelli and Kopecký on Michelin. It may play a role as well...

Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    Mirek, did you watch suzuki maxi 2000?

incredidle car and very well driven

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    PS We shall not forget that Luky is on Pirelli and Kopecký on Michelin. It may play a role as well...
    of course.

from autosport.cz
    Jan Kopecký: "I have to fight the power of words, I did not go about Barum so quickly. I told Paul that it seems to me that going back to his youth when a man drove a total stop. Sometimes it goes more to go, it is seen on it because it flies in ditches and wish him luck, so it turned out that way, because if there was something, so it was quite a bummer. Tomorrow we will fight. But I'm enjoying it, I now had a goal Semetín great joy surreal feeling. Maybe I need to find another second, but maybe ditch. I am glad that we are the first. And tomorrow morning, your Kašava, we face a great challenge. "

Alexei Lukjaňuk: "It's really amazing. On the qualification test, we showed that we can be really fast, but the rally is something else. So I'm really glad that we were able to keep up with Jan and I hope he enjoys it, because that our fight is really tight and exciting. Each test must simply go quickly, not to go for sure. Today we loved it and we are satisfied, although we made one mistake that cost us a few seconds, but we are still in the game. The car worked well, the tires too, everything was good. Now we have a good rest and be fresh tomorrow so we can repeat today's performance. "

Bryan Bouffier: "I must be satisfied. Today we started a little behind, although it was not a complete disadvantage, but it was little known. On the last day's test we had a little complicated with bright'm going there for the first time with Gilbert, so around and around, third place is very good. In our power it is not possible to take times like guys are going to lead, but it was a good day. Tomorrow we'll go and I'll have to watch your back, I do not want to make any mistakes. "

Tomas Kostka: "For us it was the end of the day a little hectic. On Rajnochovice I got two punctures and Semetín I just went through with concern that I had to finish what to Zlin. We'll see tomorrow, the car worked perfectly, really good day. They manage it well and certainly are in a car reserves. "
    Last edited by dimviii; 27th August 2016 at 22:41.

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    After watching 1st day highlights on Eurosport I have got a feeling - if Lukyanuk will manage to finish it will be nothing more than coincidence. There is only two modes for him - win or crash. Let's hope for the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Is it me or does Kopacek crashes every rally he starts in?
    According to a guy who took the photo (and I think also video) the accident was caused by a slow puncture.