Thread: 3 Car Teams

Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts

3 Car Teams

What do you guys think? should the WRC go back to having 3 drivers in each team as they had back in 2003. I mean we already have Mikkelsen and Paddon joining in the VW II & Hyundai Mobis while the other 2 drivers are in the main team but should they make it official and give them the number 3 spot in the main team or does it not matter at all?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 832 Times in 380 Posts
    Why would it matter? VW has 3 drivers and so does Hyundai, even if it was "official" as you say, only 2 drivers would be nominated for manufacturer points, so...

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Unless you bring back the rule that the two best out of the three score
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

4. Likes: Andre Oliveira (3rd April 2016),Micke_VOC (21st April 2016),pantealex (6th April 2016),Rallyper (4th April 2016)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Best two of three score and then make sure the third driver is either below a certain age or, even better, has below a maximum number of WRC car starts. I've mentioned it a few times before but I'd really like to see this happen.

Biggest reason being that we need new blood in the WRC at the top level and this way means teams have to run young drivers. It would also stop mediocre drivers being able to forge almost decade-long works careers, purely because they have experience.

Registering Volkswagen Motorsport II or Mobis Hyundai is pointless from a sporting perspective so it would get rid of that too.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: Jack4688` (3rd April 2016),Micke_VOC (21st April 2016)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    I like the idea. Two best score, without stupid plays about scorers as Hyundai do