Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I think one problem is the cost cutting is people seem to think we need to find a way to help Manor win a race or titles. Maybe I am wrong but thats never been the way before and shouldnt be now

It should be made cheaper to enter (second hand engines/parts maybe) but if you want to win sadly you will need money and testing.
    Sadly would be the wrong word. You need significant time and preparation if you want to win in any sport, not just racing. And preparation costs money. be it tennis, swimming, track & field, (American) football or anything else. If you don't have the resources then you'll be at the back of the grid; not make the playoffs; bumped in the first round or at the bottom of the standings.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

2. Likes: steveaki13 (18th April 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Does what I try to explain IMO make sense? I believe it should be cheap to enter like Jordan, Forti, Minardi, Pacific did but that it should not be cheap to win. Unless you design an amazing car on low budget.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

4. Likes: BleAivano (18th April 2016),Tazio (19th April 2016)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    With ya , steve .

I stumbled upon the very last moments of the interviews after the latest Indycar race , and I heard something very interesting .
    Hinchcliff , in his comments , praised up and down , the efforts of Firestone , who are producing with roughly the same remit as Pirelli in F1 ; a selection of tires that intentionally degrades at various levels .
    He spoke about how difficult it was to use them all properly , but , instead of whining about the fact he'd had trouble with them , himself , he told all about how great it was that it could mix up the grid if anybody got it wrong .

You just don't hear the F1 guys do this very often .
    That is , promoting .

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    I think that is a Canadian thing!
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I think that is a Canadian thing!
    What , being logical ?
    Certainly Trumps being American , eh ?

Hee hee .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    What , being logical ?
    Certainly Trumps being American , eh ?

Hee hee .
    Touche bro! What I was referring to however was his comedic brilliance!
    This ones for you dawg!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-839ndBHFko

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    1. An equitable distribution of the sport's revenues between the teams. I've been a Tifosi for nearly 30 years and even I can see that the extra payments the Scuderia gets for being the Scuderia aren't good for the sport. Ferrari are important but if they want extra money they need to earn it on the track.

2. Take all power for rule making away from the teams and the commercial rights holder. The FIA should be solely responsible for setting the rules. The teams have a vested interest in protecting themselves and Bernie lost interest in anything other than money a long time ago. Let the them advise the FIA but the power to set rules is the FIA's alone.

Do both of these and you will hopefully get a series with stable rules and teams with sufficient budget to stay viable.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Touche bro! What I was referring to however was his comedic brilliance!
    This ones for you dawg!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-839ndBHFko
    Good bit , but those guys always creeped me out .
    More of Second City TV guy , myself .

I get your point , though .
    And , I can't agree .

Now that Pirelli have things a little better worked out , they are ensuring we have some good racing these days .
    Three compounds from which to choose are making it a lot better .
    And , being required to use two in the race means a compromise , and sometimes very strategic driving to suit your car's strengths .

Regardless of how one feels about the tires , my point was that rather than drone on about how stupid or boring or ridiculous it is to not have ultra-fast tires that last the whole race , is it not better to portray it in a positive way as a challenge for all to better understand ?
    It's supposed to be hard , so why have it so they can lean on the tires as hard as they want , never getting close to any cliff edge that might let someone behind get a jump on them ?

Show it at every opportunity to be as difficult as you can and you'll get people to watch .
    Right now it all looks too safe and too easy .

Baggie I get your point, but I think the hard thing to get used to after watching F1 before the incredible degrading tires is this disparity leads to one guy racing the other guys tires, and always with an awareness to conserve. I miss the days of Fred, Kimi, Jaun, and Mike going balls to the wall in each stint. Those guys and others before them were always on the edge. But I will say that this latest formula with the 3 tire choices is better than in the last few years, to say nothing of the fact that I straight up love F1 even when it is in "so called" trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggie
    Good bit , but those guys always creeped me out .

BTW I saw "The Kids in the Hall" live at the historic Wiltern in uptown L.A. I almost died laughing