Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Formula one, What should be done to fix the sport?

Hi,
    Hope this finds you well

I am a current year 12 student doing research project on spectator enjoyment in formula one and how the sport can be made more entertaining and appareling to viewers across the globe. To help in my Research I have constructed a short 10 question survey, 9 of these Questions are multiple choice and one requires a write answer.

It would be most appreciated if you could conduct this survey, and help get to the bottom of the problem!
    (Link below)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MGBPGD7

Thanks-You
    Regards Michael.G
    Adelaide, Australia

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael223344 View Post
    Adelaide, Australia
    Ahhh... here's half the problem.

Plan: we need to go back in time to 1926 to burn down the Adelaide Advertiser. Then Sir Keith might have abandoned his megalomaniacy and his son Rupert wouldn't have started The Australian either.

Keep sport free!
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Done. Simple survey. Good luck with your project.

My focus would be on encouraging mechanical grip over aero grip/downforce.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    More powerful engines. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world so they should be driving cars with 2000-3000 horsepower.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    1. Whatever it takes to get rid of DRS in order to return the close racing. Give cars more mechanical grip, but less wings, so that close racing and overtakes are possible when they need to happen.

2. Get rid of all engine and transmission reliability rules. I'd love a return of the era when the technology was pushed over the edge, and engines on any of the leading cars could blow up at any lap of any race.

6. Likes: BleAivano (10th April 2016),COD (13th April 2016),steveaki13 (10th April 2016),Tazio (10th April 2016)
    Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    ...2. Get rid of all engine and transmission reliability rules. I'd love a return of the era when the technology was pushed over the edge, and engines on any of the leading cars could blow up at any lap of any race.
    I don't disagree with you but that would mean losing half the field as the development costs would be prohibitive, which is the very reason these restrictions were imposed in the first place.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    I don't disagree with you but that would mean losing half the field as the development costs would be prohibitive, which is the very reason these restrictions were imposed in the first place.
    Surely those teams dont spend as much and stay in the lower half of the field?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    More driver dinners.
    Did you see the drama and intrigue during the press conference, who picked the restaurant, was the food good. Oh my, I'm still giddy from it all.
    Until we reach such regular evenings out, perhaps they can lessen the effect of aero and ask Pirelli to make proper tyres, not make them design gimmicks.

10. Likes: schmenke (15th April 2016)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    Why lose them? The lower half of field could get fairly reliable and already tested out last generation engines for an affordable price.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think one problem is the cost cutting is people seem to think we need to find a way to help Manor win a race or titles. Maybe I am wrong but thats never been the way before and shouldnt be now

It should be made cheaper to enter (second hand engines/parts maybe) but if you want to win sadly you will need money and testing.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

13. Likes: BleAivano (18th April 2016)