Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Alonso to miss Bahrein, Vandoorne stands in

Apparently FIA doctors have found out that Nando's neck is still not completely well and they have decided against his participation in the Bahrain GP. According to some newspaper, McLaren have already announced that Stoffel Vandoorne will run instead. That's some way to have a debut.

Oh, yay, I had a typo in the title and I can't edit it now. :'(

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    I am sorry for Alonso but it's great that Stoffel will finally get an F1 drive. Will keep an eye on how much he is in front of Button (sorry for the British pals we got here

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Apparently FIA doctors have found out that Nando's neck is still not completely well and they have decided against his participation in the Bahrain GP. According to some newspaper, McLaren have already announced that Stoffel Vandoorne will run instead. That's some way to have a debut.

Oh, yay, I had a typo in the title and I can't edit it now. :'(
    Not a neck injury, but rather rib and lung damage. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't speak from memory. :P

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Bad news for Fred. This is the second year in a row he missed an early race due to injury. He's getting clumsy in his old age
    I hope he is good to go for China!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    I am sorry for Alonso but it's great that Stoffel will finally get an F1 drive. Will keep an eye on how much he is in front of Button (sorry for the British pals we got here
    I don't know how much chance he'll have to beat Button. I expect preserving engine life is going to be the top priority for the team on that car.

6. Likes: A FONDO (1st April 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Alonso has been around for a while now. This may be the beginning of the end of his career.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Alonso has been around for a while now. This may be the beginning of the end of his career.
    I'd like to see him in a Commodore (hopefully the HRT) and do something which only a few select F1 drivers have ever done; win Bathurst.

A move to Touring Cars is probably the best move for Alonso at this point. I think that that sort of change would be enough of a phoenix act for his career.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

9. Likes: N4D13 (2nd April 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Did anyone see what just happened with Johnny Herbert and Alonso there on Sky? Johnny Herbert said he felt Fernando should retire and he didn't have the motivation he used to have them Alonso came over while he was live on air and said "You think I should retire? You ended up as a commentator because you were never world champion, mate" and walked off - Alonso was pissed off!

I would hate to see Alonso retire as a two time world champion. He's one of the best ever and deserves at least 3 titles. He's just an amazing driver.

11. Likes: A FONDO (2nd April 2016),gm99 (3rd April 2016),N4D13 (2nd April 2016)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Did anyone see what just happened with Johnny Herbert and Alonso there on Sky? Johnny Herbert said he felt Fernando should retire and he didn't have the motivation he used to have them Alonso came over while he was live on air and said "You think I should retire? You ended up as a commentator because you were never world champion, mate" and walked off - Alonso was pissed off!

I would hate to see Alonso retire as a two time world champion. He's one of the best ever and deserves at least 3 titles. He's just an amazing driver.
    Just watched it in the intro for P3. Hilarious

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Just watched it in the intro for P3. Hilarious

Oh sssssnap, Fred spanks Johnny!
    https://twitter.com/Ste_F1/status/716232435353174017
    Last edited by Tazio; 2nd April 2016 at 15:48.
    May the forza be with you

14. Likes: A FONDO (2nd April 2016)