Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aprc 2016

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts

Aprc 2016

Young German Fabian Kreim confirmed to be another Škoda driver sent to the APRC from Europe.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: Hartusvuori (30th March 2016)
    Liked 381 Times in 177 Posts
    Yes, I just read that on APRC.TV website. What can you tell us about this driver, Mirek? (I know only what I read in the official release and never remembered his WRC2 results)
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Fabian Kreim onboard R5.
    https://youtu.be/OZ0oI87Rwrw

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Yes, I just read that on APRC.TV website. What can you tell us about this driver, Mirek? (I know only what I read in the official release and never remembered his WRC2 results)
    Last year he was chosen by Škoda Deutschland as a replacement of Sepp Wiegand. In that time he was an Opel Adam Cup driver. His experience is very limited, especially with gravel. You can follow him this coming weekend on Rally Lavanttal in Austria (see national championship news).

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Last year he was chosen by Škoda Deutschland as a replacement of Sepp Wiegand. In that time he was an Opel Adam Cup driver. His experience is very limited, especially with gravel. You can follow him this coming weekend on Rally Lavanttal in Austria (see national championship news).
    If his experience is "very limited" then what is/was the basis for him being blessed with a APRC ride?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

I don't know if You have followed APRC in last couple of years but the only competition for one Škoda driver there has been his teammate. Lappi, Kopecký and Tidemand did all one season there for marketing purposes together with Indian driver Gaurav Gill (he stays with the team all the time). Afaik none of the works drivers is interested to do the championship again and for Kreim it can be a good experience. That's why.

Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Does AP4 eligible for APRC..?

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

Think AP4 is potentially eligible in 2017? Not much point in 2016 as so few correct AP4 cars.
    http://fiaaprc.com/2016/04/troubled-times-ap4/

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    What a load of absolute rubbish Holmes has written there. And not for the first time. He's obviously being fed bullshit from the promoters of the ridiculous APRC debacle.
    The fact is there are no new regulations for NZ domestic championship cars. The current regulations have been in place for 5 years.
    The fact is that AP4 was a NZ initiative for which an invite was extended to the Aussies to participate in as they were running around like a deranged wombat with no tail.
    The fact is that the formula was always going to allow 2 litre motors in the NZ domestic series ... and the Aussies were well aware of that from the outset.
    It appears that the Aussie administration has failed to inform their own competitors of the status of the category and led them into believing that AP4 is simply a rebadge of the Argentinian Maxi formula which of course it is not.
    The fact is that if the APRC promoted a competition anyone actually wanted to enter the current NZ AP4 cars could be refettled into compliant spec very easily.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

11. Likes: GravelBen (21st April 2016)
    Most of the Aussie competitors are online, it might be an idea to check what message the Aussie competitors have received from their officials in case the message has been scrambled when translated into Aussie from Kiwi.
    I see TVNZ is broadcasting the APRC through their Duke Channel.
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/sales-news/20...-comes-to-duke

What does it cost to run an APRC/NZRC round vs a round of the NZRC? Rotorua APRC was a fairly good event.