Hi everyone!

As there will be no pickems this year, I'd like to invite you all to play in a little league I run based on the zdkf1 prediction game. Motorsportforums have taken part in it before, placing 7th in the league in 2014 mainly thanks to the performance of steveaki13. For those who haven't played before, the points system can be a bit complicated to explain, but it's simple to play: you just predict the top 10 and pole for each race and have a wild guess at what the pole time will be. Then each race I rank the players by how many points they scored on zdkf1, and then award league points similar to the f1 points system.

Missing the opening race is naturally a disadvantage, but later starters get some free points (usually ~20 for each race they miss) so it is still possible to be competitive.

How to play:
  • Register on zdkf1and start your nickname with “mf_”. (If you forget, please edit your nickname here.)
  • Predict the pole position, pole time and top 10 finishers for each race.
  • The prediction deadline is 10pm (GMT) on the Thursday before each race (except Monaco).
  • How the scoring works on zdkf1 (although the risk factor boundaries are outdated on that link ; the categories actually are: very safe ≤19, safe 20-22, moderate 23-25; risky 26-28; crazy 29+).

In addition to helping the forum fight against other f1 forums for the (poorly photoshopped) league trophy, you will be competing for individual awards including:

individual champion (most points on zdkf1);
6 tenths award (for most league points scored);
quali trophy (for best pole time predictor);
and the much-coveted bernie medal (for most victories).

Each year I also do a photo version of the league table with the best players pictured as drivers: 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011.

Slightly late predictions can be emailed to support@zdkf1.com and will be included at zdkf1's discretion but if you post them on here too I will at least include them towards the league.

Good luck everyone!