Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Oh ok sorry, I have misunderstood. Yes, why not, maybe another year in WR2 learning some discipline could be good.
    Interesting question for Suninen and his agent. If he gets offered a WRC drive for next year he should take it IMO - because the works chance may not come round again. You never know. If he can get himself a two-year deal like Camilli did then at least he buys himself some time to learn on the job.

We've seen how hard it is to dislodge the current crop of drivers will all the experience and seat time they have.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: andyone (2nd July 2016)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Interesting question for Suninen and his agent. If he gets offered a WRC drive for next year he should take it IMO - because the works chance may not come round again. You never know. If he can get himself a two-year deal like Camilli did then at least he buys himself some time to learn on the job.

We've seen how hard it is to dislodge the current crop of drivers will all the experience and seat time they have.
    His agent is Timo Jouhki (he was also behind Kankkunen, Mäkinen, Rovanperä and Gardemaister)
    He should know what to do!

My opinion is: Get 1 more WRC2 season.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    His agent is Timo Jouhki (he was also behind Kankkunen, Mäkinen, Rovanperä and Gardemaister)

The old days are over where he could do whatever he wanted with his oil money promoting dogs to teams in WRC... Now teams prefer to hire real rally drivers.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Oh well yes. If he gets offered he will (and IMO should) accept because as you said you never know what future will bring.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    He won 2 out of 3 events in WRC2 in his second year in the category. I think it is hard to ask him more. Of course he has to work on different aspect since he is not like Ogier yet...
    Suninen drove his first event in WRC2 in Germany last year. He did two rounds in FRC 2015 with Fabia S2000. Poland is his 17th start in 4WD car. I wouldn't say he crashes too much, though it's not unheard of. His learning curve has taken me by surprise. He is now on far higher level than he was a year ago. Or half year ago. He is progressing fast. Suninen is not taking the normal path anyway, so I say it wouldn't be bad for his career to step up if possible.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

7. Likes: andyone (2nd July 2016)
    Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Suninen drove his first event in WRC2 in Germany last year. He did two rounds in FRC 2015 with Fabia S2000. Poland is his 17th start in 4WD car. I wouldn't say he crashes too much, though it's not unheard of. His learning curve has taken me by surprise. He is now on far higher level than he was a year ago. Or half year ago. He is progressing fast. Suninen is not taking the normal path anyway, so I say it wouldn't be bad for his career to step up if possible.
    It has been very big surprise! Rather sure that Suninen will drive Toyota next year. It seems that he is better than Lappi and Tommi wants at least one Finnish driver who is able to fight with the WRC top drivers in the future...
    Last edited by rp; 1st July 2016 at 10:31.

9. Likes: andyone (2nd July 2016)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    ahh, lunch break. dmacks started to give up, thank god! lol
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Suninen is of course an exceptional talent, and all tough I - on a general basis - think drivers need a little maturity - age - before they go to WRC, Suninen is a driver I think could handle it. Just as long as he is in a good program with out to much pressure.
    He is incredible.
    Pontus, Lappi and off course Evans are VERY good drivers, with MUCH more experience, and still Suninen beats them hands down.
    I saw him first time on the Neste Rally Finland in 2014, and it was a lot of talk about him. He had very little rally experience, but he drove REALLY well. I think he finished 17th overall and 3rd of the 2WD cars.
    Timo Jouhki has also done a very good job with him, and also the time with Toyota has off course been benificial.
    Will be very interesting to follow this young gentleman in the future
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

12. Likes: andyone (2nd July 2016),makinen_fan (2nd July 2016)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Evans isnt doing any favors for himself to get back to wrc at the moment while being slower than Tidemand and Lappi and even Kruuda. But rally is still long.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 68 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post

As we all know, Jouhki was behind Hirvonen and is still behind Latvala also. And I heard he was seen in Lithuania couple of weeks ago when the son of Rovanpera was driving there. Quite interesting...

Maybe one season more WRC2 for Suninen would be good, IMO Hirvonen wasn't ready for factory seat when he was signed for Subaru. As we saw few years ago, there is no harm for the driver to drive a car in the lower class. (Ogier with s2000 Skoda 2012)