Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Donkey of the race

So who put in the worst display today?

That Alo-Gut accident was dreadful, but I'm unsure as to whom to blame. I'll just go with whoever thought that overtaking in Melbourne was going to be easy. Also a dishonorable mention to whomever designed the Mercedes' start system.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Ferrari pit tactics
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

3. Likes: airshifter (20th March 2016)
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    It was pretty much a "Donkey Free" race.

My award goes to whoever designed the doctors helmet. I instantly thought I was watching the re-incarnation of The Great Gazoo of Flintstones fame...

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Hard to pick one really. Most of the race was fairly clean, with a couple racing incidents but no real donkey. Listening to Max cry on the radio was fun, but he was obviously frustrated.

I guess I'd have to say Ferrari strategy. I'm not sure why they waited for Mercedes to blink first, which hurt both drivers. Combined with the tire choice, they were almost lucky to finish where they did.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    My Donkey: F1 - even an unpredictable race can produce no other winner than Mercedes. If anyone, ever, whines about 'Red Bull four years dominance' again, I'll smack him upside the head and make him watch the 2014 and 2015 seasons in their entirety.

Of course that wouldn't work with a Hamilton fanboi, he would just start doing something naughty down the front of his britches...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I don't know who to nominate now that Maldonkeyado is gone.

I guess I'll go for Ferrari for having Kimi's car break down again. Toro Rosso for botching Max's pit stop.

Donkey of the year has been sorted already and that goes to F1 bosses for the new qualifying format which resulted in the exact farce that the Engineers predicted. They never thought about the detail, the absolute morons. A few minor changes to the rules would have resulted in Ferrari having to put Vettel out again and some sort of a show down. F1 truly does lack direction. The sooner Bernie goes the better.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 21st March 2016 at 09:29.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Donkey of the year has been sorted already and that goes to F1 bosses for the new qualifying format which resulted in the exact farce that the Engineers predicted. They never thought about the detail, the absolute morons.
    Can you believe that I clean forgot about this as a donkey candidate. I have the attention span of a gnat.

That qualifying change was without doubt the biggest donkey move in F1 since the introduction of KERS, the DRS, rev limits lower than a road going sports car, fuel limits and V6 engines. Hopeless.
    Last edited by Whyzars; 21st March 2016 at 15:06.

9. Likes: BleAivano (21st March 2016),Tazio (22nd March 2016),truefan72 (21st March 2016)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I haven't had time to read about the cause yet, but I'm going with Lewis for donking the start.

The FIA and the teams that voted for the change in qualifying are certainly the donkeys of the weekend. The rumors of Zak Brown being Bernie's successor are picking up again. I think it's time. And while we're at it, Jean Todt is an even bigger goof than Bernie, IMO. When is his term up?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Donkey of the year has been sorted already and that goes to F1 bosses for the new qualifying format which resulted in the exact farce that the Engineers predicted. They never thought about the detail, the absolute morons. A few minor changes to the rules would have resulted in Ferrari having to put Vettel out again and some sort of a show down. F1 truly does lack direction. The sooner Bernie goes the better.
    I read a quote from , I believe , Horner , who said they only had two choices , the stupid idea we got , and a reverse grid thing .
    He said they picked the least worst idea , being the old way wasn't on offer .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    I want to say Max for being such a snivel-butt, however he drove a decent race and was just a bit unlucky!
    May the forza be with you