Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Aston Martin inks Red Bull F1 deal

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/03/17/...-bull-f1-deal/
    Aston Martin is poised to confirm a return to Formula 1 under a new partnership with Red Bull Racing.

The deal is expected to be announced just hours before the cars hit the track for opening practice at Albert Park.

Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer and marketing boss Simon Sproule are both present at Albert Park ahead of the program’s launch
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-with-red-bull

That article seem to be intentionally ambiguous. They'll be as involved in F1 as Infiniti were, if I understand it correctly.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    No mention of actual engines in the future, so its just a sponsorship deal? If yes, big deal....NOT
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    So will the engine be a Tag Heuer Aston Martin now?
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I'm confused. Isn't the Tag Heuer just a rebranded Renault lump?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    If rumors of Red Bull developing an engine for 2017 or 2018 are true, this could be a VERY exciting beginning. Another new engine, and not just a rebadged, existing engine, is what the sport needs.

Also, in the interview with Palmer, it sort of sounded like they used Force India solely to throw people off. The term "red herring" was used. And up until last week, it still sounded like Bob Fernley, of Force India, was hoping that something could be put together with Aston for next year. Personally, I'd love to see Force India beat RBR in the points this year. In light of what's going on with their owners, I'm not sure what the future holds for them though.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/27/a...sh-technology/
    "Some of the technologies we are developing with Red Bull Technologies and Adrian [Newey] will undoubtedly flow through to the next Vanquish," Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer told Drive. He thinks the model's price is high enough to allow the use of F1 tech. "I am particularly interested in structural carbon fiber and KERS type technology that you could easily see working in that car," said Palmer.

The AM-RB 001 is due for 2018, and the new Vanquish would come afterward. Aston Martin and Red Bull hope their hypercar project sets benchmarks in the class. "The McLaren F1 is the perfect analogy of what we're trying to do - bring Formula One to the road in a genuine and authentic manner," Palmer told Drive. He claims that simulations already show the AM-RB 001 could lap Silverstone quicker than an F1 car. For context, the slowest qualifying time in the British Grand Prix last year was a 1:39.377 lap around the nearly 3.7 mile track.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’