Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    What is crazy to think is that if you got just a few of the people on this forum together and combined resources - you could create a product that blows the WRC offering into the weeds.
    Simmi just imagine how would look a video created by SubaruNorway at stage1,from Metka at stage2,from Belgian guys at stage3 etc.(sorry if i forget somebody)
    If these guys had a small help with money,so they could afford 2 days more at each round,and could recce all the rally meter by meter.
    i am talking with something 1000 euros for each of the 4-5 teams maximum.Really peanuts,but the result i am sure 101% would be astonishing.

2. Likes: AL14 (5th August 2016),andyone (5th August 2016),belas (5th August 2016),Lundefaret (5th August 2016),makinen_fan (9th August 2016),Micke_VOC (8th August 2016),Mintexmemory (8th August 2016),mrakili (9th August 2016),N.O.T (5th August 2016),Rallyper (5th August 2016),satnav (5th August 2016),sindroms (8th August 2016),Thousandlakes (5th August 2016)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Guys, don't get carried away now
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Simmi just imagine how would look a video created by SubaruNorway at stage1,from Metka at stage2,from Belgian guys at stage3 etc.(sorry if i forget somebody)
    If these guys had a small help with money,so they could afford 2 days more at each round,and could recce all the rally meter by meter.
    i am talking with something 1000 euros for each of the 4-5 teams maximum.Really peanuts,but the result i am sure 101% would be astonishing.
    I will say that SubaruNorway recced the whole Finland event, and even chopped down some small trees etc to get a better position
    But good plan
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

5. Likes: Rallyper (5th August 2016)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words!
    I always go over on Tuesday for Rally Finland to recce stages, especially important this year with so many new and revers stages.
    I did Sundays stages on the way up, 13 hours on Wednesday just missing Jukojärvi and then Sunday's stages again after shakedown since they were a bit difficult to figure out. Some tree chopping along the way, even got a couple of spots ready for MeTHKa that i didn't use i could see, 0.20 sec and 2.19 in his video So all in all with onboard watching it's probably more than 20 hours of preparation, hopefully this doesn't make me seem mental

As for promotion goes i only spent 15 euro on my Facebook page, if you don't only something like 1/4 of your likers will see it. In defense of WRC-TV, using a tripod and having a spot where you could set up commercial banners does limit you a bit. My footage looks quite shaky when you watch it on a big screen.
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 5th August 2016 at 20:51.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

7. Likes: br21 (5th August 2016),cali (5th August 2016),er88 (6th August 2016),Hartusvuori (5th August 2016),Micke_VOC (8th August 2016),Mintexmemory (8th August 2016),Munkvy (7th August 2016),N.O.T (5th August 2016),OldF (8th August 2016),pantealex (8th August 2016),seb_sh (5th August 2016),Simmi (5th August 2016),Thousandlakes (5th August 2016),tommeke_B (9th August 2016)
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I always go over on Tuesday for Rally Finland to recce stages, especially important this year with so many new and revers stages.
    I did Sundays stages on the way up, 13 hours on Wednesday just missing Jukojärvi and then Sunday's stages again after shakedown since they were a bit difficult to figure out. Some tree chopping along the way, even got a couple of spots ready for MeTHKa that i didn't use i could see, 0.20 sec and 2.19 in his video So all in all with onboard watching it's probably more than 20 hours of preparation, hopefully this doesn't make me seem mental

As for promotion goes i only spent 15 euro on my Facebook page, if you don't only something like 1/4 of your likers will see it. In defense of WRC-TV, using a tripod and having a spot where you could set up commercial banners does limit you a bit. My footage looks quite shaky when you watch it on a big screen.
    How much walking during the rally (filming)?
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post

Keep up the good work - Just as long as Greenpeace don't find your chainsaw!!!

My Flickr album (much the same locations as Pettersolberg29)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/...57671843495526

Sardinia again next year I think
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Quote Originally Posted by OldF View Post
    How much walking during the rally (filming)?
    A quick estimate says about 30km, so like normal in Finland, heavy enough with a 4kg camera backpack
    A bunch of us got told off by Ari Vatanen for sitting and waiting at the Power Stage being tired from walking so shouldn't complain then

A try to make it look good when doing it so the land owners won't get mad
    It doesn't hurt clearing out the forest a bit in Finland, compare Solberg's Ouninpohja with todays and it's quite a big difference!

The visual art of rallying
    https://thrillsandskills.wordpress.c...t-of-rallying/
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 8th August 2016 at 21:42.

11. Likes: Rally Power (9th August 2016)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I think that you have walked much more than that...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    It wasn't that bad this year, here's the walk in calculated to 2km in my head into Päijälä, only 1.6km each way.
    Hänninen's corner top right if you want to know where i went, entered from the west side of the stage through a cleared out forest since i was going to the end of Ouninpohja after, the entry road is very narrow by Hänninen's corner so figured this was shorter and safer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 9th August 2016 at 10:41.

14. Likes: pantealex (9th August 2016),satnav (9th August 2016)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    My friend's phone measured 53 km from Thursday to Sunday. I started with tests on Monday, but did only half a day on Saturday, so I think I did maybe a little less. Plus all standing still. Heavy work for feet, but loving it.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

16. Likes: br21 (9th August 2016),dimviii (10th August 2016),pantealex (10th August 2016),Rallyper (10th August 2016),satnav (9th August 2016)