Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Speed of cars in the corners

Am I the only one interested in how fast the cars are actually moving on the track?

Ooooo you who, ABC & ESPN, anybody alive in that control room???

The speed is the most important information to me (while I'm sitting here on the couch)
    but you NEVER hear the idiot commentators tell us how fast the cars are going.
    WTF is it with you people???? C'mon, get your head outta your ass. Please.

You want to make your broadcast exciting?????
    - Tell me how fast the friggin' cars are going, especially through the fast tricky sections
    - Show me more in-car shots looking forward, not at the friggin' driver, and not from the helicopter
    - Put the friggin' telemetry in there and leave it there, that might be interesting, seeing how you NEVER tell us how fast the cars are going!
    - Don't show me people standing around in the pits watching TV, that's bull shit.
    - I don't give a shit about pit stops unless there is an explosion or giant fire! GET IT????
    - All I want to watch are the cars at speed with their mph
    - Try a trick from NASCAR, it's called "CRANK IT UP". Yeah baby! It's Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.
    Set a camera on the wall near the end of the front straight and let EVERY SINGLE CAR run past it at top speed. That is a beautiful sound and gives us a much better idea of how fast these cars really go.

You had a great opportunity to give us the speed information on Graham Rahal's hot lap from St. Petersburg. He narrated as he was driving
    but he only mentioned his speed going into the first corner (170) and not any other corner????????? That would have been interesting.....

And if you're gonna show a hot lap please use the froward looking in-car shot.
    In car shots are the best because you get a more accurate sensation of speed

By the way, don't show me anymore of those stupid split screen shots. I have a 44" high definition TV.
    Do you really think I want to watch 2 - 18" screens at the same time. No No No.
    If you feel like you need to do a split screen why can't you just drop in a small feathered edge circle in a corner?
    That way you can keep the cars on the BIG SCREEN like they were meant to be.

C'mon you guys wake the hell up and stop ruining the broadcasts. It ain't that hard.
    And get rid of those idiot directors who don't seem to have a clue what continuity is or what the real race fan wants to see.

Please stop torturing me with crappy directing.

2. Likes: AAReagles (4th August 2016)
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Do you know what is important to the drivers and teams?
    The lap time - not the speed.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petnatcar View Post
    Am I the only one interested in how fast the cars are actually moving on the track?

Ooooo you who, ABC & ESPN, anybody alive in that control room???

The speed is the most important information to me (while I'm sitting here on the couch)
    but you NEVER hear the idiot commentators tell us how fast the cars are going.
    WTF is it with you people???? C'mon, get your head outta your ass. Please.

You want to make your broadcast exciting?????
    - Tell me how fast the friggin' cars are going, especially through the fast tricky sections
    - Show me more in-car shots looking forward, not at the friggin' driver, and not from the helicopter
    - Put the friggin' telemetry in there and leave it there, that might be interesting, seeing how you NEVER tell us how fast the cars are going!
    - Don't show me people standing around in the pits watching TV, that's bull shit.
    - I don't give a shit about pit stops unless there is an explosion or giant fire! GET IT????
    - All I want to watch are the cars at speed with their mph
    - Try a trick from NASCAR, it's called "CRANK IT UP". Yeah baby! It's Fantastic, absolutely fantastic.
    Set a camera on the wall near the end of the front straight and let EVERY SINGLE CAR run past it at top speed. That is a beautiful sound and gives us a much better idea of how fast these cars really go.

You had a great opportunity to give us the speed information on Graham Rahal's hot lap from St. Petersburg. He narrated as he was driving
    but he only mentioned his speed going into the first corner (170) and not any other corner????????? That would have been interesting.....

And if you're gonna show a hot lap please use the froward looking in-car shot.
    In car shots are the best because you get a more accurate sensation of speed

By the way, don't show me anymore of those stupid split screen shots. I have a 44" high definition TV.
    Do you really think I want to watch 2 - 18" screens at the same time. No No No.
    If you feel like you need to do a split screen why can't you just drop in a small feathered edge circle in a corner?
    That way you can keep the cars on the BIG SCREEN like they were meant to be.

C'mon you guys wake the hell up and stop ruining the broadcasts. It ain't that hard.
    And get rid of those idiot directors who don't seem to have a clue what continuity is or what the real race fan wants to see.

Please stop torturing me with crappy directing.
    Well put. Everything you mentioned is exactly why I don't get all fired up about the 500 anymore. I merely follow it in bits and pieces, only for the slight interest of tradition.

At least there was a time when broadcasting the race, with REAL behind the scenes storylines, was decent.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On