Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    Yeah, an EU army would be beneficial. It will only have to include dwarfs, elves, fairies and other minorities for the sake of of political correctness. It will also be banned from taking part in action because war is bad.
    Shouldn't be a problem. The US already includes fairies in our armed forces.

(Relax folks. That was a joke, as in pun, and not intended as a homophobic comment.)
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    Yeah, an EU army would be beneficial. It will only have to include dwarfs, elves, fairies and other minorities for the sake of of political correctness. It will also be banned from taking part in action because war is bad.
    I'm always ready to enjoy a wisecrack. Do you know any?

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I have never understood why US still has troops in Japan or Germany. I thought with so much spending they would not need any "help".
    Both Germany and Japan spend around 1% of GDP on defence, which is below the NATO target.

The US is troops in Germany seem to be a Cold War hangover. But if I were a US tax payer I'd be annoyed that so much of my tax money goes to military presence in other countries who themselves spend a far lower amount on defence.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I am of the opinion that an EU army would be beneficial, more efficient and most importantly cheaper version of the current smaller and underwhelming armies of the EU countries but that's just a silly idea in the context of the Brexit and other 'special' members.
    Military hardware is so expensive now that it would make sense for EU collaboration on big projects, such as the Eurofighter. But then the French always go off on their own because the UK won't let them take the lead.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!