Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    With Max Verstapenn also out of contract next year, l expect him to move to a top team if he manages to finish this season as he has started it. It seems like there is going to be a massive shake up in 2017 with lots of changes to driver lineup and surprise exit for some drivers. I think it could also affect drivers with contracts for the 2017 season. I also think that some big names like Button, Raikonnen, Massa and maybe even Rosberg could be affected. Other drivers vulnerable to this shake up may include Kyvat, Palmer or Magnussen.
    Largely agree with this, though I think Rosberg will be doing his darndest to stay. Ricciardo and Verstappen will be the favorites to replace Kimi (with Hulkenberg and Bottas also rumored, but less likely). Vandoorne will probably join Alonso.

Also want to add that rumors will run rampant about both Williams drivers, even though the team has publicly stated their support for Massa and Bottas.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    [QUOTE=keysersoze;1085579] Ricciardo and Verstappen QUOTE]

from what James Allen said at the weekend Ferrari had 3 drivers on there list last year to replace Kimi where Verstappen Sainz and Ricciardo
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Red face

[QUOTE=CNR;1085620]
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
    Ricciardo and Verstappen QUOTE]

from what James Allen said at the weekend Ferrari had 3 drivers on there list last year to replace Kimi where Verstappen Sainz and Ricciardo
    I guess Vettel is stumping for Ricciardo, so he will have another chance to prove he is better.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    I'd be very surprised if Mercedes or Ferrari were interested in Alonso. Not that he isn't a great driver, but each of them already has a seasoned multi-WDC driver in their #1 garage and are likely to be more interested in a young up-and-coming driver to put in the #2 garage. Meaning Wehrlein and Verstappen respectively. Verstappen might be a big angry bag of testosterone right now, but he clearly has huge talent and I expect he will mature into a great driver. Wehrlein was similarly pretty outstanding in Melbourne and it will be very interesting watching his progress. My read is that Merc and Ferrari already have those two guys penciled in for 2017 or 18.

What does that leave for Alonso? Red Bull, maybe? Otherwise, his best bet might be to stick it out at McLaren and hope that Honda can turn things around. It's not impossible; progress is clearly being made, however slowly.