Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    yes, he should be in F1. If yopu watch the way he drives, with pace, agressivness and a controlled temperament, he will do very well in F1. JI hope to see him in Toyota or Red Bull next year
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    I.. Plus he just may be liking the states compared to the Frog Sh!hole he comes from...
    completely uncalled for Fousto, please keep your ignorant and useless remarks to yourself
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool

I'm a huge ChampCar fan and part of me would hate to see Sebastian leave for Formula 1, but I also love F1 and would love to see him drive for a competitive team, and competitive STR is not. Personally I would like to see Sebastian replace Fischicella because Giancarlo WILL be out next year, and a frenchman might as well drive the Renault.

Unfortunatley some of the ChampCar fans appreciate Bourdais as much as the hillbilly NASCAR fans appreciate Jeff Gordon. At least the ChampCar fans don't throw beer at him, they just boo his accomplishments and cheer his few failures. Too bad, he is a great driver and a nice guy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plus he just may be liking the states compared to the Frog Sh!hole he comes from. But I suppose he would live in Monaco if he returned

Typical American , insulting other countries . I have seen plenty of Sh**hole here .
    you probably have never been there . Stick to racing , fool

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    I don't know why SB would even consider a move to a **** team in F1. His life is quite good now and the team is quite professional. Now is Spyker or Torro really upped his salary then perhaps. But I don't thiink either of these teams would match his current salary.
    According to Robin Miller he grossed $1,282,500 in 2006, less than 700K salary plus another 500k prize money for winning the championship, less than the guy who finished 43rd in Nextel cup.

I think thats about the same as F1 rookies (Kubica, Kovalainen) make, STR can match it if they want

Also he is from Le Mans (where he will also be racing at the 24 hours this year) and as pointed out that is holy ground for motorsport fans
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Things could be quite different next year when customer cars finally become legal. It will then be possible for any newcomer to F1 to have the chance to drive a car that is properly developed in the lessor teams. I would say that Torro Rosso, Spyker and Supre Aguri would be much more competitive and attractive then. Also Prodrive. Some of these teams might actually become factory B Teams.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Things could be quite different next year when customer cars finally become legal. It will then be possible for any newcomer to F1 to have the chance to drive a car that is properly developed in the lessor teams. I would say that Torro Rosso, Spyker and Supre Aguri would be much more competitive and attractive then. Also Prodrive. Some of these teams might actually become factory B Teams.
    Probably not Spyker, unless they buy someone else's car. Doubt that Maranello would sell Spyker chassis to go with the enignes they rent.

And Red Bull hasn't really been top drawer this year, so the propects of STR may be so-so. I suspect that Mateschitz may be finding that F1 can soak up all the money to be made from selling hyper-caffienated sludge, and is pressed to get the budget up to the top rung.

Prodrive and Aguri could get into the limelight, but Aguri is still pretty tied to Sato, and I remeber Richards making noises about driver selections already.

Now, there will be a fair number of seats in play after this year. I would think that a smart team principal would want to give Bourdais a test, but that should have been true in the past, too. Bourdais doesn't bring money, only talent, so for him it is a self-sustaining team or nothing.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to see him driving a car powered by Renault. If not ING Renault then replace Couthard in 2008.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I suppose his chances of driving for Renault would depend entirely to his agreeing to have Sleazy Flav for his manager. However, there are other drivers knocking on doors, some with fists full of money and sponsor potential, so anything can happen here.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    According to Robin Miller he grossed $1,282,500 in 2006, less than 700K salary plus another 500k prize money for winning the championship, less than the guy who finished 43rd in Nextel cup.

I think thats about the same as F1 rookies (Kubica, Kovalainen) make, STR can match it if they want

Also he is from Le Mans (where he will also be racing at the 24 hours this year) and as pointed out that is holy ground for motorsport fans
    I have heard figures around 6 million for SB - however if you are correct he may well make a move as he is worth much more
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"