Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember Wilson being praised as a "fantastic starter" in F1. And he really was, in a Minardi he out-started 2 or 3 rows, and only lost the positions due to his lame car. Webber beat him in a Jaguar, but Wilson only got 3 or 4 attempts and it was his first season. I'm sure he'd beat Webber by now.

Back to toppic: ANYTHING Liuzzi or Speed accomplished thus far, Bourdais could do with one hand on the wheel and the other one in his nose. Period.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    what propper chance? Jaguar did everything they could to accomodate him. He just didn't perform.

Anyway this is old...

Many people in the paddock (i.e. FW) don't rate Champcar highly, and Bourdais has made it clear he doesn't want to start with a backmarker or a midfield team. He wants to be in F1, but only in a top team. Well tough luck, not many people get the chance to start in a top team, most (Alonso, Kimi, Massa) start either in midfield or with a backmarker. Bourdais doesn't want to accept this, and hence he has been left out of F1. His choice really...
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Komahawk
    Back to toppic: ANYTHING Liuzzi or Speed accomplished thus far, Bourdais could do with one hand on the wheel and the other one in his nose. Period.
    Yes, but the difference is that Liuzzi and Speed were willing to race (and even test) for RBR and STR while Bourdais wasn't.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He has the talent and the mindset to succeed in F1, but this would be lost at the back of the grid. If he got a Red Bull or Renault drive (maybe Flav will beg him to come over with the results so far this year?) he might have the ability to show his skills.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    Yes, but the difference is that Liuzzi and Speed were willing to race (and even test) for RBR and STR while Bourdais wasn't.
    Oh. I wasn't aware of that. I always thought that SB would sign for any F1 ride being offered, only that he never got any offers. He really refused the STR ride? That would be sheer dumbness. If he beat his team mate and didn't wreck cars there'd have been a good chance of "moving up". Plus, the STR wage is probably alot higher than the Newman/Haas wage.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gjalie
    wenn you see that f1 backmarkers are doing well in champcar what says that of seabass.
    That he seems to have a full second a lap on them whenever he needs it. In an identical car. Maybe he is just a bit better than they are..... :\

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlenis
    backmarkers in F1 because they drove for backmarkers teams. That's all.
    backmarkers in F1 because they drove for backmarkers teams, AND failed to impress bosses of higher teams

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Komahawk
    Webber beat him in a Jaguar, but Wilson only got 3 or 4 attempts and it was his first season. I'm sure he'd beat Webber by now.
    How can you be so sure about that?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlenis
    backmarkers in F1 because they drove for backmarkers teams. That's all.
    his champcar team isn't average too, would like to see him drive in a pacific coast car. maybe he's scared to fail in f1 and chooses to be in a top champcar team,

but drivers like Wilson, Doornbos and Glock are and weren't doing too bad in champcar but were not found good enough for f1

but bourdais may replace a Speed or Liuzzi anytime when i had a say in it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    How can you be so sure about that?
    He comes over quite confident now. He's won CC races and at some point even challenged Bourdais for the title. Webber doesn't seem to get any better. Maybe just my impression, hard to compare two drivers in two series.