Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    What we need to make the racing better is to open up the design rules a bit, reduce aero for everyone or just hope someone does a better job so they can match and beat Mercedes. Bit unfair to punish a team for success. Been the same with Ferrari and Red Bull over the years. Too easy to dominate F1

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    F1 needs to cut the rule book down to page and let the teams at it.

Punishing success is the only way to break domination and they always back themselves into a corner when they restrict testing or other to keep costs down. Cause and affect just doesn't seem to be in their thinking at times.

Either they institute ever increasing weight handicaps after each race or they institute technology handicaps after each season. Either way, they have always needed to break dominance. Couple Mercedes domination with the rotten sound of the current cars, F1 has real problems.

The performance of F1 cars is so predictable to the weight of the package that they are mad for not going the weight handicap route during qualifying. The fans will know what weight the cars are carrying and will recognise an exceptional qualifying performance when they see one. No driver will ever be over penalised because if they don't do well or break down in the previous race they will be in a better position compared to the other drivers at the next race.

To me its a no-brainer especially in a sport that has been using technology and rules to handicap teams for years.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Yep, I guarantee that Adelaide qualy is an absolute shitshow
    Sounds like a wager to me. On the grounds that they haven't been to Adelaide for 21 years, if nothing else...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

3. Likes: BleAivano (10th March 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    After reading through the new qualifying format I can't really see it causing a massive upset to the pecking order. It just puts an emphasis on the top teams to put in an early fast lap. For the likes of Mercedes and Ferrari, unless it's a wet track, I can't see it really making a huge difference in how they approach qualifying until the last 5-6 minutes of the session.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I would think if Mercedes set a fast lap early they can stay in the garage until it looks like they need to go out. They might only lap more often in the last 10 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy