Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

Three way title fight between Hamilton Rosberg and Vettel

Alain Prost thinks a three way fight between Hamilton, Rosberg and vettel is good for F1. It would definitely be good for Vettel as well. As his chance of stealing the title depends on either the Mercedes engine suddenly being underpowered compared to the Ferrari or the two Mercedes drivers squabble on track and leaving the door open for him to sneak into a winning position.

But is it going to be a three way fight? Makes you wonder if Kimi has anything to say about this. There is also the question of whether Honda can work a spectacular magic for Mclaren. Now, this is appetizing, having Alonso and Button in the mix would certainly spice things up.

Ferrari has been making noises that suggest that they think they would be much more closer to Mercedes than they were last year. Mercedes certainly expects Ferrari to make big strides. but it would be crazy to imagine that the current champions are not doing what it takes to ensure they remain firmly in front this season. As Andy Benson suggested, Mercedes' weakness lay in their driver management. Somehow, l cannot see an equal status between their drivers being a workable strategy if Ferrari's two drivers are close enough to hassle the Mercedes pair. Whatever the case, l can't wait to see how things would unfold this year.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    If Merc are still as dominant this year, anyone else think they might give Nico the boost he needs to clinch his first WDC?

Hammy has had his glory, I have a hunch that its Nicos turn this year.

You read it here first.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    It sounds like Prost is saying the battle will be between two good cars and one good driver.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    2 good cars, 2 good drivers - not both necessarily in the same make!! Rosberg is never going to be a champ
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro'
    But is it going to be a three way fight? Makes you wonder if Kimi has anything to say about this.

My money says Kimi gets wasted by his
    teammate again, like last year, and the year before.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Retrospectively I find it amazing, how did we have 5 (!) title contenders back in 2010. Seems like a pipe dream nowadays.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Because the engine freeze is still in place. I don't really see anyone getting close to Der Silberpfeil.

Rosberg also seemed pretty defeated in '15. If he gets a good start and wins say three on the trot, then maybe he might have the fight to carry on?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Retrospectively I find it amazing, how did we have 5 (!) title contenders back in 2010. Seems like a pipe dream nowadays.
    And in 2011 the DRS was introduced to enhance the show . What can I say, I've been so entertained ever since I'm speechless. Give them all more millions, they are all geniuses

9. Likes: Whyzars (7th March 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    2 good cars, 2 good drivers - not both necessarily in the same make!! Rosberg is never going to be a champ
    If Rosberg can be consistent this season, he may be able to take the fight to the wire at least. At which point anything is possible. If Hamilton is problem free, it would be a real test of composure and determination for Rosberg. Can he do it? I would say it is possible but Hamilton may have to help him with some DNFs and driver errors. On straight fight, l really don't know. With Vettel in the mix, Rosberg's chance increases and decreases further in even measure. As Vettel would make the Merc drivers pay dearly for days they are having a bad form.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 11th February 2016 at 23:37.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If Merc are still as dominant this year, anyone else think they might give Nico the boost he needs to clinch his first WDC?

Hammy has had his glory, I have a hunch that its Nicos turn this year.

You read it here first.
    Only if Lewis signs on to replace Kim.