Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun View Post
    How do they want to make this sport popular?
    Honestly? I think they want to make it popular for armchair viewers. The hassle and risk from having people stood in a stage is getting too great. That letter which is included in the spectator info (the letter from MSA chief exec) is no joke, the Forestry Commission were seriously not amused and I know of a local enduro which was called off at the 11th hour the day following the Wyedean last year.

This is BRC not some local club fun drive where you can excuse volunteer organisers.
    Who do you think actually organises the event? It IS some 'local club' here's their website http://www.newtown-mc.co.uk/

The BRC will sell the event but it's Newton MC that actually organise it. Sure there will be some involvement from someone at BRC, but the majority of the input will be from Newton MC. If you look through the regs you'll see that most of the organising team are the NADMC committee members http://www.midwalesstages.co.uk/down...2016%20MWS.PDF
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Guys any report of what the weather is like there this morning ?

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_tiger View Post
    Guys any report of what the weather is like there this morning ?
    Sunshine.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I've seen pictures from Sweet Lamb of the snow melting, but they themselves have uploaded pictures of the top of Pikes Peak covered in snow!

Well I'm packed and ready to go. To all those attending have a safe journey and rally!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    You just emphasized my points of many nonsense with this rally. If you're one of those Sunday drivers spectator then you can't complain going to Sweet Lamb just to eat sausage and do your business in the toilet while watching rally cars. But spectating rally is not about sausage and annoying PA system if you know what I mean. Also what's the point of running stages with no access to them? I've done few dozens of WRC rallies and planning is one of the important parts of spectating, with British and Irish rallies you just can't do that if you're not local as they give you nothing on websites. Look at the websites of WRC rallies with detailed maps, access roads to stages, GPS location, pictures, often short clips etc. How do they want to make this sport popular? They were bombarding social media last few weeks and blown this balloon of expectations as if it was bigger than WRC, and just few hours before the start of the season they published map of one stage! What to appreciate? The message is simple, they don't need me, they don't want my money and they don't want this sport and this rally to be popular. There hundreds or thousands like me, multiply that by £5.
    This is BRC not some local club fun drive where you can excuse volunteer organisers.

I think you're being a little harsh. But I generally agree with your sentiment.

As its the first year, and first event of the new BRC you have to give people time to get used to running/ organising events.

However, if the BRC wants to become like its circuit racing counterparts, it has to be promoted and run far better. That is what IMS are for, is it not?
    Having volunteers for club, BTRDA events is expected, but at BRC level you expect IMS to take over, with input from the local club/ clubs. Reading about a volunteer uploading the speccy information at silly o'clock 1 day before the event makes me wonder what IMS are actually doing. That should be their job.

They managed to get plenty of coverage in MNews, and even Autosport has taken an interest in the BRC again; now the weekly/monthly car mags need to start taking an interest; as its become obvious, that rallying is no longer popular with your average petrolhead.

I think trying to make the sport popular again is a thankless task; but they'll give it a good go.

Was was thinking of setting off tonight, but will go early tomorrow morning to watch the runs at Pikes Peak.
    Enjoy!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

6. Likes: Simmi (5th March 2016)
    Rallying is still popular - the recent move of Wales Rally GB to the north proved that with excellent fan numbers.

Given that most of these stages have been used on Rally GB many times, wont fans that want to spectate on this event have been on them before and know their way around ?

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Is it a way to get the Spencer Mirages in on the same resultlist as the other R5s?

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Rallying is still popular - the recent move of Wales Rally GB to the north proved that with excellent fan numbers.
    I have to disagree. It's miles behind F1, BTCC, GT/ Sportscars, WEC, Motorbikes et al......
    Go on any of the popular Motorsport forums/ websites ( Pistonheads, Autosport, TenTenths, crash.net) - and rallying gets the least amount of comments. Decent crowds on RallyGB doesn't make it popular.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

10. Likes: EightGear (5th March 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Decent crowds on RallyGB doesn't make it popular.
    Considering the lack of British success for 20 years and poor media coverage it is...

Just because the other motor sports are more popular doesnt mean rallying isnt.

Rally GB shows the fans are still there they just need the right product & promotion.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    For anyone interested the road book is available to download , this includes full stage maps , its in Bulletin 2 there are also other bulletins available as well with good info .

13. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (5th March 2016),Fly (5th March 2016)