Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    "As long as you've got a compass and an O-S map you can pick up detailed spectator info if you find the stage."

Okay have just a few spectator points if you want but at least give people a chance. So much hype generated but who is it for? More for the benefit of the series and its competitors I think.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    So I can't be bothered then. Just wondering how sponsors would feel to see empty stages...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    'Detailed Spectator information programmes will be available to download from the club website later during this week'... cant see it anywhere.
    It's cleverly hidden in the Spectator section under the name 'Spectator Programme

http://www.midwalesstages.co.uk/down...mme%202016.PDF

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun View Post
    So I can't be bothered then. Just wondering how sponsors would feel to see empty stages...
    They probably don't care, most of the 'sponsors' are just the companies of the drivers or their dad, the others are paying for the TV exposure. 2-3 stages is about normal though, unless it's a tight packed event like on Epynt. At a push I've managed 4 in a day at Wyedean, but that involved missing the 1400s on some stages. Also managed 4 on the WRC in Greece but that involved 2-3hr drives. I can't remember a rally, other than an SV, where I've been able to see more than 4 stages.
    Last edited by MrJan; 4th March 2016 at 21:49.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Interesting to note the huge amount of red prohibited area on the Pikes Peak stage. Does anyone with experience of the section still think it's worth it?

RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Rallying actually gets an easy ride compared to some other sports. Take autocross for example "any spectator enclosures should not be less than 30m from the course where there is no barrier designed to halt a competing car travelling between these enclosures and the course. Where there is a barrier, the distance should not be less than 25m all the way round corners, and 20m alongside straights. The minimum acceptable barrier will be two rows of straw bales or equivalent, placed approximately half way between the course and the enclosures"

If that was applied to rallying then you pretty much couldn't watch at any event.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Woodside's Fiesta R5 looking mean !

#M-SPORTER

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    It's cleverly hidden in the Spectator section under the name 'Spectator Programme

They probably don't care, most of the 'sponsors' are just the companies of the drivers or their dad, the others are paying for the TV exposure. 2-3 stages is about normal though, unless it's a tight packed event like on Epynt. At a push I've managed 4 in a day at Wyedean, but that involved missing the 1400s on some stages. Also managed 4 on the WRC in Greece but that involved 2-3hr drives. I can't remember a rally, other than an SV, where I've been able to see more than 4 stages.
    When you're talking about proper 3-4 days event like WRC 2-3 stages a day is ok, thats's 6-9 a rally, top cars, top drivers, and load of good stuff in lower classes. In case of 1.5 day event drive hundreds of miles just to see the same hairpin twice it's a joke. No maps of other stages in so called "detailed program", no mention of access to other stages than Pike's Peak. Looks like spectators are unnecessary addition to BRC.

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun View Post
    Looks like spectators are unnecessary addition to BRC.
    Not just the BRC, as I've said many times. Spectators are causing a huge headache for organisers and the deaths over the last few years have put the sport in a bad position. The Wyedean last year caused a major shake up because of where spectators are stood and the Blue Book has had a number of clauses put in regarding safety.

I agree that the mileage isn't much, but there aren't exactly people queuing up with forests that they want people to race around. Also don't know what you consider to be 'mention of access' but giving a map reference to a car park with catering and a toilet for Hafren/Sweet Lamb couldn't be much more detail. As for everything else, they give stage times, MR, pictures of the spectator areas (and restricted parts). Stages 3 & 4 don't have any detail but it's increasingly common for land owners not to allow spectators...not to mention the ball ache it is for the organisers (who for the most part are volunteers). I can only assume that you don't get too involved in organising events, if you do then I'm surprised that you don't appreciate what most rally organisers are up against these days.

Edit: btw there are only 6 stages anyway, 2 on the Saturday and 4 on the Sunday, that is something to get used to too. Events now will be super short if they have any lengthy stages in them. Total for the event is less than 70 miles and 25 of that is covered in the night.
    Last edited by MrJan; 4th March 2016 at 23:01.

Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Live Results for the Mid-Wales Stages Rally will be available from the BRC web site and from the TCS web site. The BRC web site will carry a summary aimed at the general public and TCS will provide more detailed information for those that require it. The results links are:

Link to Results on British Championship web site

Mid-Wales Stages National A (BRC)

Mid-Wales Stages National B (BRC National Cup and Defender Challenge)

Mid-Wales Stages National A & B Combined(Unofficial)

Viking Motorsport/Links Electrical Mid-Wales Clubmans Stages (Welsh National and Clubman's, HRCR)

BRC Championship results (will appear after event results are final which should be 18:00 on Sunday)

The National A event and the National B for the BRC National Cup and Defender Challenge start on Saturday evening; the Clubmans event will join them on Sunday morning. The three (two on Saturday) events will run intermingled as a single field in order of anticipated performance. There is a passage control after each stage and times from SS1 are expected at about 7:40 pm on Saturday evening and from SS3 (first Sunday stage) at about 9:50 am on Sunday morning. The first car is due back at the finish in Newtown at 3pm on Sunday afternoon.

This event is running to what are essentially FIA timing regulations with road sections running from stage start to next arrival (or time control) and with all lateness penalised. Hence expect more road penalties than usual.

As always comments on the event and suggestions for improvements to the results system are welcome.
    Tynemouth Computer Services http://www.tynecomp.co.uk

10. Likes: Allyc85 (4th March 2016),Simmi (4th March 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Also don't know what you consider to be 'mention of access' but giving a map reference to a car park with catering and a toilet for Hafren/Sweet Lamb couldn't be much more detail. As for everything else, they give stage times, MR, pictures of the spectator areas (and restricted parts). Stages 3 & 4 don't have any detail but it's increasingly common for land owners not to allow spectators...not to mention the ball ache it is for the organisers (who for the most part are volunteers).
    You just emphasized my points of many nonsense with this rally. If you're one of those Sunday drivers spectator then you can't complain going to Sweet Lamb just to eat sausage and do your business in the toilet while watching rally cars. But spectating rally is not about sausage and annoying PA system if you know what I mean. Also what's the point of running stages with no access to them? I've done few dozens of WRC rallies and planning is one of the important parts of spectating, with British and Irish rallies you just can't do that if you're not local as they give you nothing on websites. Look at the websites of WRC rallies with detailed maps, access roads to stages, GPS location, pictures, often short clips etc. How do they want to make this sport popular? They were bombarding social media last few weeks and blown this balloon of expectations as if it was bigger than WRC, and just few hours before the start of the season they published map of one stage! What to appreciate? The message is simple, they don't need me, they don't want my money and they don't want this sport and this rally to be popular. There hundreds or thousands like me, multiply that by £5.
    This is BRC not some local club fun drive where you can excuse volunteer organisers.
    Last edited by rallyfun; 4th March 2016 at 23:54.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (5th March 2016),makinen_fan (5th March 2016)