Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Ford Fiesta R5 1-2-3
    DMACK - Pirelli - Michelin

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Congrats to Evans/Parry and DMack. Nice fight from Ahlin and great perf from Pryce in the little Mirage.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Great day at Pikes Peak spectating. Will try and get some pictures up tomorrow!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Great event, really enjoyed it. The new car regs are a huge boost for what was effectively a dead series. Okay it's a bit Ford heavy but at least it's proper rally cars. Most impressive thing was the Adam's though, sound great and driven hard too. See also the 3 cylinder Fiestas.

There will be photos and short videos but at the minute I'm in Merthyr and heading out on my mountain bike tomorrow, so will be a day or two.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    It was a really good rally, I can't wait to see the highlights on TV now!

I'm not sure if it was mentioned but the car parks were shut on Pike’s Peak/Myherin on Saturday evening due to the snow, luckily there was plenty of road side parking space and a lay-by which seemingly accommodated most people who wanted to get into the lower car park though at least. It was a bit silly really, as the car park was completely clear and people still walked in anyway, but I appreciate it took the liability off the event if anybody had a problem. It was lucky they had this excuse though to turn some casual spectators away, as the official spectator access path was not clear at all in the dark, it was poorly signposted and not well represented on the official maps. Numerous people ended up scrambling up a hill, lost in the dark, rather than just being allowed to walk 5 minutes up the stage to the official spectator area, this over an hour before the first car was due to arrive... Compliance over common sense is definitely the key to safety in this new era! But this was a small issue on what was a nice event.

If they can get the numbers to add up for it next year, I'd really like them to be ambitious and add Aberhirnant and Dyfnant to this year's itinerary (both were used by this rally in the 1980's), so ideally late on the Saturday morning/early afternoon. It's probably not doable, but I just think this event would become great if it was a bit longer and a bit more varied. I wouldn't like those additions to come at the cost of the night running of Myherin and Hafren though, which bring great character to this rally. Sadly there probably won't be enough marshals to do both.

On the rally itself, I've got to agree with MrJan that the Adams were a nice surprise, I'd heard good things about them on here but they really do sound and look good. The Mirage looked good too. It was cool to have it so close at the top, hopefully it'll be like that for the rest of the season! I'm really looking forward to getting out on future rounds now.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (8th March 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    My photos from the rally here if anyone is interested. Well worth the trip and some nice wintry conditions thrown in.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57665444017681
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (8th March 2016),pettersolberg29 (8th March 2016),Rally Power (10th March 2016),tolis (8th March 2016)
    Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    What's the joker?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    you choose 1 event and you get double the points of your position.

Also in the final event of the series everyone gets double points.
    Last edited by N.O.T; 8th March 2016 at 00:47.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Hmm if someone chooses the final event as joker he gets 4x points?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Hmm if someone chooses the final event as joker he gets 4x points?
    seems more like 3x to me
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI