Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, complained because Chip wasn't as cheap as Sir Frank.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Montoya is making a lot more than 2.5million-just in his base salary. I'd wager it is about $5million+prize money, plus endorsments, etc.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's ok if Montoya does it but if Tony Stewart did everyone would want his hide. Just an example of biased views.
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't believe people would be mad at 2.5 Million a year. um, you don't get that in any other job. I'd be happy to make 100K a year. I ****in hate athletes that say they don't get enough money
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    It's ok if Montoya does it but if Tony Stewart did everyone would want his hide. Just an example of biased views.
    If you mean flipping off someone which was the original point of this thread, then Stewart has done it, in anger, and has completely gotten away with it.

If you're talking money, then I really don't see your point
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianChiefJoy
    Montoya could make much more than 2,5 millions even in DTM. Anyway, we didn´t even get to know how much did Ganassi pay him in CART. In Williams he had a lousy contract of 3-4 millions per year and Montoya complained about how much Chip paid to him in America. I guess that NASCAR sponsors have deeper pockets than the CART ones.
    Apparently Mika Häkkinen gets 1.5 euros from DTM and Mika is much bigger name than Monty.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDarco
    If you mean flipping off someone which was the original point of this thread, then Stewart has done it, in anger, and has completely gotten away with it.

If you're talking money, then I really don't see your point
    DD...A, After what Tony's been through they would want his hyde if he flipped off someone now. There's a lot less tolerance for Stewart now than there used to be. Heck look at all the agressive driving/accidents that Dale Sr. caused years ago that everyone thought was great at the time. It's a different world out there now. You can't even call someone a knappy headed ho without being punished now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, maybe Mika was a bigger name than Montoya in 2001, but now, I don't think so. Anyway, Mika didn't have the impact you would expect from a former world champion, There were faster guys than him in German Touring, maybe that's why he's just getting this magre salary. Anyway, if he's not happy with his earnings, he should better hire Willy Weber as manager, and get a ton of money for his work. Just look at Michael and Ralf Schumacher.

And, Apparently, Montoya turned down a DTM team offer, for going back to U.S. (and it was more than 2,5 millions).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    DD...A, After what Tony's been through they would want his hyde if he flipped off someone now. There's a lot less tolerance for Stewart now than there used to be. Heck look at all the agressive driving/accidents that Dale Sr. caused years ago that everyone thought was great at the time. It's a different world out there now. You can't even call someone a knappy headed ho without being punished now.

And I posted a link, showing that Tony did flip someone off in anger, and they 'failed to see it'. In March this year. Even though Jimmie saw it while racing at over 100mph. It was caught on live TV, and he apparently did it last year too.

I wouldn't mind, but JPM was only messing about anyway!
    I am a brave, brave WOMAN :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDarco
    And I posted a link, showing that Tony did flip someone off in anger, and they 'failed to see it'. In March this year. Even though Jimmie saw it while racing at over 100mph. It was caught on live TV, and he apparently did it last year too.

I wouldn't mind, but JPM was only messing about anyway!
    Exactly my point. It Tony does it it's in anger and they(fans)want his hyde. If someone else(Juan)does it, well he was just kidding.