Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Good point - why doesn't team Honda use last year's car until they sort out this year's car?
    Wouldn't that break the same design rules Redbulls are supposed to be breaking?
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Good point - why doesn't team Honda use last year's car until they sort out this year's car?
    Gave it to SuperAguri who might not be willing to return it at the moment!

Seriously, last year's design doesn't have to much development potential in it, while the new Honda has lot's of it (judging by the results at least ).

Problem is that the SAF1 guys can extract that little from almost nothing available while the Honda ones cant extract little from much more available.

Maybe they should exchange stuff between the two teams.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Way to many brits in team Honda, it’s not Honda anymore. It’s Rover...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    err, what nationality do you think dominates all the F1 teams, with the possible exceptions of Ferrari and STR?

renault's main base is in Enstone and populated by poms, williams and mclaren have long been full of soap-dodgers, Red Bull is basically the old Jaguar team (webber said he knew most of the faces, and his race weekend mechanics and engineers were the same guys who fettled his car during his jaguar career), so it's stacked with non-tubbers as well.

then there's super aguri which, like honda, is chock full of people who can't play cricket.

BMW and toyota are continental, but the staff levels are about half bathophobics.

and prodrive will be full of them as well.
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I think when Honda was supplying engines in the late 80’ and early 90’ I have seen more Japanese engineers in the garage then I see today in the so called Honda team which supposed to be Japanese.
    Don’t get me wrong I have no problem with any nationality, but Honda should be Japanese and I don’t car where the F1 started. That doesn’t mean no one else can do it.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    err, what nationality do you think dominates all the F1 teams, with the possible exceptions of Ferrari and STR?

renault's main base is in Enstone and populated by poms, williams and mclaren have long been full of soap-dodgers, Red Bull is basically the old Jaguar team (webber said he knew most of the faces, and his race weekend mechanics and engineers were the same guys who fettled his car during his jaguar career), so it's stacked with non-tubbers as well.

then there's super aguri which, like honda, is chock full of people who can't play cricket.

BMW and toyota are continental, but the staff levels are about half bathophobics.

and prodrive will be full of them as well.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo the Poms are going to love you.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Naw, we tend to just laugh at convicts we've deported :
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    but then they don't learn anything about this years car, without understanding the reasons why the car doesn't work they will not be able to design a new car for next season without possibly making the same mistakes again.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1John
    but then they don't learn anything about this years car, without understanding the reasons why the car doesn't work they will not be able to design a new car for next season without possibly making the same mistakes again.

Race last year's car, and get some good drivers to test this year's car plus R&D on it.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    They've already sold it to SA.

And if they hadn't, it wouldn't have made any sense either. They don't want to move 2-3 places from 15-16.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver