Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts

Wrong type of wind?

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39069

Rubens thinks that maybe Honda's problems stem form the wind tunnel, seeing as the gains in the tunnel are not finding their way into the circuit.

why not, its happened before with incorrectly calibrated wind tunnels, and it would go part of the way to explain why the team were so hopeful only to be dashed by the fact they'd made a lemon - could they have cocked it up in the tunnel? is the wind tunnel meaning they are going wrong with the improvements they are making?

or have they, as stated elsewhere, dug themselves a whole by losing Willis, Davidson, maybe even Richards and Villeneuve and hiring Nakamura and Fry etc and now don't have a clear idea how to build a fast car and are starting from scratch again?
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I guess if it's not a full scale tunnel, then all sorts of air flow characteristics come into play.

Does Tochigi use another tunnel or the same tunnel?

Does Aguri have any access to a wind tunnel at all?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Does Aguri have any access to a wind tunnel at all?
    Nah, they are using a farting machine! Or is it Honda using that one?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Nah, they are using a farting machine! Or is it Honda using that one?!
    Is this what they call dirty air?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Smelly anyway, something like the Honda.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Honda has both a full-sized wind tunnel and a half-scale one, plus access to the tunnel in Japan.
    I had lunch with nick fry at the factory yesterday and he agrees there are significant aero problems, plus other issues that relate to the switch from Michelin to Bridgestone.
    the aero problem, he says, relates to the size of variation in the movement of the aerodynamic centre of pressure between braking, static state cornering and acceleration.
    while the percentage shift is small, the aero load placed on the car is massive, and makes huge differences in downforce and, therefore, grip levels.
    there are detailed correlation differences in the tunnels that he admits are coming together now, because they involve complicated mathematics.
    there will be new parts for Barcelona, more new parts for Canada then new parts again for france.
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    Honda has both a full-sized wind tunnel and a half-scale one, plus access to the tunnel in Japan.
    I had lunch with nick fry at the factory yesterday and he agrees there are significant aero problems, plus other issues that relate to the switch from Michelin to Bridgestone.
    the aero problem, he says, relates to the size of variation in the movement of the aerodynamic centre of pressure between braking, static state cornering and acceleration.
    while the percentage shift is small, the aero load placed on the car is massive, and makes huge differences in downforce and, therefore, grip levels.
    there are detailed correlation differences in the tunnels that he admits are coming together now, because they involve complicated mathematics.
    there will be new parts for Barcelona, more new parts for Canada then new parts again for france.
    Hey Mickey!! will any of the new parts be shared with Super Aguri? In fact, my question here is whether Super Aguri has access to any wind tunnels? Thanks.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alas I have been known to suffer from the wrong kind of wind
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes Ian, we know :

I'm going to ask a possible stupid question now, as the subject's up already.

Can a wind tunnel be set so that it apes a car following another one? I mean, the cars are more often than not behind another, so what's the point in wind tunnels (beyond the obvious) if they don't allow for that being the norm?
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Now we are going to put apes in wind tunnels? what is F1 coming to? :