Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Take a look on Ewrc data about Miguel Campos. 2003 in particular. He ended ERC with the same points that the series winner (Bruno Thiry) but was one victory short. His previous international experience (beside Portuguese WRC and ERC events) was almost zero. http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile....=Miguel-Campos

Ok, the championship layout was different than today but still closer to current ERC than what it was IRC a few years ago. In IRC days private drivers didn’t get a chance (like the also talented Magalhães experienced), only manus drivers were able to fight for the title. Now it's different.

Btw, according to Ewrc, it seems Kajto also didn’t had considerable international experience before get to ERC.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Take a look on Ewrc data about Miguel Campos. 2003 in particular. He ended ERC with the same points that the series winner (Bruno Thiry) but was one victory short. His previous international experience (beside Portuguese WRC and ERC events) was almost zero. http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile....=Miguel-Campos

Ok, the championship layout was different than today but still closer to current ERC than what it was IRC a few years ago. In IRC days private drivers didn’t get a chance (like the also talented Magalhães experienced), only manus drivers were able to fight for the title. Now it's different.

Btw, according to Ewrc, it seems Kajto also didn’t had considerable international experience before get to ERC.
    But you were talking about Moura and Fontes. This drivers are for me different level than was Miguel Campos 13 years ago. Of course I remember his campaign in ERC. It was his first season abroad and on some events he was able to be on same speed like Thiry, on some events he was way out. But it was mainly learning season. Pity that this was his only one international season, I think that he had quite big potential in that time...

Kajto is quite different driver. He is thinking about all things and he is very precise. He was doing all his steps very carefully (and was lucky to find correct sponsors). Mainly he was not afraid to go abroad...

3. Likes: Jarek Z (17th May 2016)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I don’t see any reason to doubt that talented guys like Fontes or Moura would be able to fight for ERC title, if they got the will and the budget to do so.
    Wow! Quite a bold statement. I personally don't see any reason to believe that Fontes would be able to fight for the ERC title. He's been competing in Portuguese ERC events (both Acores and Madeira) for 10 years and the number of wins is still the same - zero. Do you really think he has any potential for the European Champion? If a driver wants to be the champion, he needs to win rallies. Campos was a winning driver, I'm afraid Fontes is not.

In last year's Rallye Acores Fontes wasn't even able to win one single stage and lost 6 minutes to the winner.Check out the results, please
    http://ewrc-results.com/final.php?e=...ye-Acores-2015
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 17th May 2016 at 10:43.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

5. Likes: pantealex (17th May 2016),RS (17th May 2016),Wim_Impreza (17th May 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Wow! Quite a bold statement.
    It’s not bold Jarek, believe me. Many national rally series in Europe have been recovering after the economic recession. We can see again competitive champs in UK, Italy, Portugal and some other countries, with a bunch of guys fighting hard for the win in any of them, but that’s not the case currently in ERC, with only one guy clearly favorite.

I’ve mentioned Portuguese series top contenders as an example, but in other national series main competitors surely also have enough ability (more than enough in some cases) to became ERC title fighters in its current situation, if they got the chance and a proper program.

Btw, sometimes Ewrc data aren’t enough to get the whole picture. Fontes is one of those hyper talented guys able to win a gravel rally one weekend and be first on a GT or Prototype race the next one. He won every national circuit racing categories before moving to rally and it’s now at the peak of his rally career. Unfortunately, like so many other great Portuguese rally champs, he often has to choose a more tactical approach in home soil international events, sacrificing overall win chances to assure national championship points or get the “best Portuguese in the event" title, overvalued by sponsors and general press.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 17th May 2016 at 19:20.
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: Jarek Z (18th May 2016)
    Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
    Main Entry List (Tabarus maybe out ? Consani ?)

- Fernando Peres (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Luís Miguel Rego (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Ricardo Moura (Ford Fiesta R5)
    -Tomasz Kasperczyk (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Frank Tore Larsen (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Kajetan Kajetanowicz (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Alexey Lukyanuk (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Joaquim Alves (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Ricardo Teodósio (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - João Barros (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Elias Barros (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Jaroslav Orsak (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Jaroslaw koltun (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Lars Stugemo (Ford Fiesta R5)
    - Miguel Barbosa (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Diogo Salvi (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Pedro Meireles (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Manuel Castro (Skoda Fabia S2000)
    - Ralfs Sirmacis (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Raul Jeets (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Nikolay Gryazin (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Jaromír TARABUS (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Antonín TLUSťáK (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Abdulaziz Al-Kuwari (Skoda Fabia R5)
    - Zé Pedro Fontes (Citroen Ds3 R5)
    - Carlos Vieira (Citroen Ds3 R5)
    - Carlos Martins (Citroen Ds3 R5)
    - Dávid Botka (Citroen Ds3 R5)
    - Robert Consani (Citroen Ds3 R5)
    - Costenaro (R5)
    Last edited by Fran2013; 17th May 2016 at 22:04.

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Orsak with Ford Fiesta R5?

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    29 R5 cars? Is it somebody's dream or reality?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 64 Times in 39 Posts
    Until they published the list is true they announced 28 pilots and had 29 but there are names that I have some doubts, Tarabus and Koltun and found strange the absence of Frederic della Casa.

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reis Eduardo View Post
    Until they published the list is true they announced 28 pilots and had 29 but there are names that I have some doubts, Tarabus and Koltun and found strange the absence of Frederic della Casa.
    Koltun ok

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Tarabus won't start. I posted that already once on page 1. Also Orsák? Maybe but I would be very surprised.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump