Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's new?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    First of all, I have no idea what's up with this board, but the IndyCar forum is very alive on the ten-tenths.

Second, this most interesting discovery of the season for me was that Birmingham is having a very classy race track when it's not raining and flooding...

The Phoenix track is absolutely disgusting. Pit out of sequence of the rest of cars, and you're a dead meat because you're one or two laps behind now.

Finally, Pagenaud is a great racer and he is finally starting to get the respect he deserves. I'd say this years battle will be between him and Dixon, but it's too early to call.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Probably no one on here knows, but is Indycar covered in the UK anymore? I cant seem to find much on TV. Used to be on Sky then Sky F1.
    Head over to rutracker.org. Pay a Russian bartender or nurse to get through the Russian language registration screens. Don't tell anyone I mentioned this.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    First of all, I have no idea what's up with this board, but the IndyCar forum is very alive on the ten-tenths.
    Everyone left here during the "split" wars between CART/ChampCar and the IRL.

Second, this most interesting discovery of the season for me was that Birmingham is having a very classy race track when it's not raining and flooding...
    Yes it is a decent track. Although it was designed primarily for motorcycles.

The Phoenix track is absolutely disgusting. Pit out of sequence of the rest of cars, and you're a dead meat because you're one or two laps behind now.
    That is true of all of the short ovals, nothing new. It all comes out in the wash at the end after everyone pits.

Finally, Pagenaud is a great racer and he is finally starting to get the respect he deserves. I'd say this years battle will be between him and Dixon, but it's too early to call.
    He has always been a good racer. This year he has raised his game a bit.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Everyone left here during the "split" wars between CART/ChampCar and the IRL.
    Not true. A few disruptive, high-frequency posters chased most people away after their antics were left unmoderated.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    Not true. A few disruptive, high-frequency posters chased most people away after their antics were left unmoderated.
    As the Mod at the time, I (obviously) disagree with that. I still have some of the hate mail I received after I wouldn't let some of either side beat up on the other side. But you are correct in that it was a nasty time with high emotions from both sides.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Today's first practice-all 33 cars and drivers made it on the track turning nearly 1500 laps. Marco Andretti was the fastest in a Honda at 228.978 mph. A 34th car for Katherine Legge apparently didn't make the entry deadline.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 17th May 2016 at 01:09.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Day 2-Rainout

Day 3: 2779 laps from all 33 cars-Spencer Pigot uninjured after the day's only crash-Ryan Hunter-Reay best speed at 228.202 in a Honda

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    In 1995 the pole was won by Scott Brayton at a 4 lap average speed of 231.604 mph.
    Just look how far Indy car has come in 21 years.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Arie Luyendyk turned a practice lap at 239 in 1996. There was some thought of loosening the rules enough to give them a chance to break the track record for this the 100th race but that was squelched with the troubles last year. It would be interesting to see what 1996 chasis with a 1973 engine could do around there today-I would think maybe 260-265.