Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Should Prokop team up with De Rooy in the Dakar trucks? Build a Skoda Kodiaq T1. Skoda R5 in ERC, etc
    I think he stays with Toyota but I'm not sure.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I wonder if that decision was made before or after he got banged with a 5min penalty? Prokop would be a superb addition to the ERC.
    Not convinced about that. He was often slower than Kopecky here whilst driving a WRCar...

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Not convinced about that. He was often slower than Kopecky here whilst driving a WRCar...
    Not saying he'd win the championship but it's more suited to his level and would allow him to actually compete for wins. He'd also be a good benchmark for R5 drivers. Maybe he knows he'd get schooled I'm not sure. But when you're in his position and you're not enjoying it then there is zero reason to continue.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Are you in Capito mode? Seriously?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Are you in Capito mode? Seriously?
    Would you say that if it was Tidemand?

7. Likes: dimviii (12th June 2016),EightGear (12th June 2016),Mirek (12th June 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I have to admit I'm pretty conflicted about the WRC at the moment.

If you ignore some of the nonsense being spouted by his team boss, I completely understand Ogier's frustrations and, like many on here, I think it's completely unfair being asked to sweep for two days. I'd like to see that regulation changed next year.

But.... damn, we've had five different rally winners in a row! I think that's the first time that's happened since 2001.

You can't ignore how good that is for the sport. The ability to tune in and not actually know who is going to win the event has been a distant memory for rally fans. I'm also enjoying following the events a lot more, but at the same time in the back of my mind I am aware that there's this artificial element to it.

So the big question is what is the bigger evil? Is it more important to have purity of competition than a more exciting show? Like I say I'm conflicted.

I guess for hardcore rally fans it's a case of how much do you allow yourself to enjoy this current format...
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

9. Likes: AndyRAC (12th June 2016),Arnold Triyudho Wardono (12th June 2016),cali (12th June 2016),Eli (12th June 2016),Mirek (12th June 2016),Munkvy (13th June 2016),Rallyper (12th June 2016),RS (12th June 2016),sindroms (12th June 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I have to admit I'm pretty conflicted about the WRC at the moment.

If you ignore some of the nonsense being spouted by his team boss, I completely understand Ogier's frustrations and, like many on here, I think it's completely unfair being asked to sweep for two days. I'd like to see that regulation changed next year.

But.... damn, we've had five different rally winners in a row! I think that's the first time that's happened since 2001.

You can't ignore how good that is for the sport. The ability to tune in and not actually know who is going to win the event has been a distant memory for rally fans. I'm also enjoying following the events a lot more, but at the same time in the back of my mind I am aware that there's this artificial element to it.

So the big question is what is the bigger evil? Is it more important to have purity of competition than a more exciting show? Like I say I'm conflicted.

I guess for hardcore rally fans it's a case of how much do you allow yourself to enjoy this current format...
    I would rather see a level playing field and different winners on merit.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (12th June 2016),Eli (12th June 2016)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I saw some comments from Tiff Needell complaining that handicapping the best driver, and allowing others to win is a false excitement. Predictably, quite a few rally fans were outraged by his suggestion.

I agree with him; I don't have a problem with it in national/ club 'entertainment' series, I;e the BTCC. But in a serious World Championship, it has no place; Ballast, DRS, running first may all add 'excitement' but in my opinion it devalues the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

13. Likes: RS (12th June 2016)
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
    Yeah, he was saying that since Mexico I believe. He knows he can't compete with the manufacturer teams and he's a bit tired of WRC. He said he might return to WRC2 where he has better chance to fight for good positions.
    I think he will go out of rallysport...