Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Huge congrats to Neuville/Gilsoul and Hyundai. Neuville is one of the best drivers around and it’s great to see him on the top again. In Portugal he looked already to be in a better mood and he reacted to the fuel problem with a strong team spirit. Hyundai’s tech work must also be praised as they’re now clearly on VW’s pace. Camilli did also a nice rally and it seems his progressing is now taking its natural course. I know Lappi isn’t much valued here, but his times in today SS’s were simply outstanding. Can’t wait to see him on a ’17 WRC car!

Btw, there was another manu involved in Sardegna. Abarth entered a small R3T 500 for the young Italian rally challenge winners, Fusio/Salgaro, and they’ve managed to take it to the final podium and win RC3 class. Quite an adventure! https://www.facebook.com/RallyItaliaTalent/
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: danon (13th June 2016)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Now I know why Neuville was bloody fast...

36 grams of peanut butter (this doesn't count the spoon).

4. Likes: A FONDO (13th June 2016)
    Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts
    From Rally de Portugal thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    http://uk.rallydeportugal.pt/Resourc...ation_No_2.pdf

Abbring can not score manufacturer points. (old model i20, not eligible because other team N-car is new i20)
    How is that now it seems Abbring was able to score manu points in this rally? Doesn't make any sense

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Propkop would have been classified in 5th position if he did not get the penalty... wouldn't you be pi$$ed?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 258 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Propkop would have been classified in 5th position if he did not get the penalty... wouldn't you be pi$$ed?
    No 9-th max.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Of course. And as far as I see, Mirek is trying to show that it is not so easy to predict how much time you need to loose not to be first on the road next day, if there are no splits. Especially on longer stages, where you cannot predict, how fast are your rivals (because they can use tactics also)...
    Of course is impossible to predict how much time you will loose in long stages especially but this idea can work ONLY if there are no splits and ONLY if stages are not short. I think there are too many "only if"...

9. Likes: itix (23rd June 2016)
    Liked 11,164 Times in 4,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Ok, I'm not talking about opponent's time, just one's own one. For sure there is more precise info with split times and engineers with computers will tell You on the radio to stop for N secs before the stage end.
    I thought that it's forbidden.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11,164 Times in 4,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    His team broke rules. Wouldn't others be pissed if somebody was allowed to freely brake rules?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    His team broke rules. Wouldn't others be pissed if somebody was allowed to freely brake rules?
    Prokop wasn't happy lately. Since 2015 he started to ask a privateers championship and it has been denied. Then it comes new stricter rules for 2017 cars, 14 events in the calendar that meant more costs, and I think he also thinks the Fiesta is slower than other cars.

I think FIA and promoter do not need privates anymore and they are starting not to care to them.
    I think it is good if Prokop will try something else. I don't understand why he doesn't like ERC. It is actually the perfect dimension for him, doesn't it?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I thought that it's forbidden.
    Of course it is, I just use it as reference. It is not so easy to predict exact time loss no matter how long the stage is, but a driver can judge his pace well enough to lose minimum target time. Of course with longer stages it is more difficult, but my point generally is they can reach minimum target time loss, how bigger it'll really be is anyone's guess. Will he just be slow on some parts of the entire stage or just little slower on the entire stage is his preference.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI