Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    BRC entries are all FIAERC eligible cars.

2. Likes: HaCo (28th January 2016)
    Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
    Only R5 or s2000 can score points in irish championship from this year. Like Belgium Wrcs can compete on events but not score points. Hence the big R5 field in Ireland now. All R5 cars will be in the main international entry

4. Likes: HaCo (28th January 2016)
    Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I'm afraid you misunderstood me. They hired WRC cars not to compete in the ERC. You cannot compete in the ERC with a WRC car. If they wanted to compete they would have hired R5/S2000 cars, wouldn't they?

I hope it will be different this year. I wish you a great rally!
    I dont think I misunderstood you at all, in 2012 Fisher and Barrable both hired S2000 machinery, the IRC/ERC provided 6 S2000 cars, when I look down all the entry lists all the GpN cars, WRC cars, modifieds etc were driven by their regular drivers, no one 'hired a wrc' that would not have been out in a WRC anyway, I'll check 14 and 15 numbers later if you like but while the early events may have had less locals than hoped for what you are saying is totally wrong and didnt happen.

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    I'll check 14 and 15 numbers later if you like but while the early events may have had less locals than hoped for what you are saying is totally wrong and didnt happen.
    I was referring to 2014 and 2015. I don't know what happened before. Circuit of Ireland wasn't in ERC in 2012 and I didn't follow this event at that time.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

I was referring to 2014 and 2015. I don't know what happened before. Circuit of Ireland wasn't in ERC in 2012 and I didn't follow this event at that time.
    Interesting that the IRC passed you by? You missed a great championship! What you are saying is still wrong.

2014, Barrable hired a car, Moffett restricted his car to RRC, Simpson brought his Skoda over, if you look at the WRCs you could say Donnelly and McGarritty could have reduced their Minis to RRC, there were no one off drives/hired WRC cars in the event.

2015 the Moffetts changed their cars to RRC spec for the event, Fisher and Barrable again hired cars, Thorburn came over for the event, McCormack, Wright, Greer, McGonigle and Doyle entered even though they weren't all focusing on a championship that the event was part of, Woodside hired the 911 for the event, who all hired WRC cars for the event? I cannot put my hand on a National entry list for this event.

In all runnings of the event there has been reasonable support for the smaller classes too, hired cars to be able to take part or people doing the event who'd never done it before and were not doing it as part of any championship but to be part of it.

W

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vino_93 View Post
    Thanks for that, looking over that list the only hired WRC to my knowledge was Carmichael in the Impreza that he often hires for for N Irish championship rounds. Others were all out in their own cars.

The past couple of years only saw a couple of notable new WRCs into Ireland, S14 Imprezas to be used by successful older men in national rounds

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger View Post
    2014, Barrable hired a car, Moffett restricted his car to RRC, Simpson brought his Skoda over, if you look at the WRCs you could say Donnelly and McGarritty could have reduced their Minis to RRC, there were no one off drives/hired WRC cars in the event.

(...)

In all runnings of the event there has been reasonable support for the smaller classes too, hired cars to be able to take part or people doing the event who'd never done it before and were not doing it as part of any championship but to be part of it.
    Hmmm... what do you mean? In 2014 there were only 9 Irish drivers on the entry list. And I don't see any reasonable support for the smaller classes:
    http://ewrc-results.com/startlist.ph...f-Ireland-2014
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Hmmm... what do you mean? In 2014 there were only 9 Irish drivers on the entry list. And I don't see any reasonable support for the smaller classes:
    http://ewrc-results.com/startlist.ph...f-Ireland-2014
    And once again you are wrong, and managing to display geopolitical ignorance at the same time,well done!

List me all the WRC cars that 'were hired for the event'.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Have any ERC R5 competitors actually confirmed this rally as part of their programmes? Struggling to find information on who has actually committed to what.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia