Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Yeah bit of a shame, but given a choice between a rally having a stage like that or some mild but easily accessed speccy stage then I'll take the proper stage every time.
    There were no mild stages...lol. But on other events would agree with you. I've never been to an organised spectator stage (and never will), but get your point.
    Last edited by noel157; 10th April 2016 at 11:49.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Really enjoyed the event. Zoned in on some jumps and saw some nice action. A bit of prior planning goes a long way. Otherwise you just end up stuck at uninspiring junctions. As was discussed earlier - what the top WRC guys would do on these stages would be absolutely mindblowing.

That said I really don't think pushing for WRC inclusion is the right road to go down. The organisers are dreaming if they think they can achieve the same size of entry list under WRC regs. With the new cars they'd have to install even more chicanes to keep the speeds manageable.

Photos up tomorrow or Tuesday hopefully.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

3. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2016),Rally Power (11th April 2016)
    Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Full stage onboard of Fisher from SS3 The Glens via FIAERC channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3L5IfR6UkM

I haven't yet finished watching but what a stage it is! Wow!
    amazing drive!

what he said @ 14.07 point?
    "puncture" @ 16:19?

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    amazing drive!

what he said @ 14.07 point?
    "puncture" @ 16:19?

He says- "one of them is off there" I think, referring to tyres or notes. Yep, says "puncture" at 16.19.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    He says- "one of them is off there" I think, referring to tyres or notes.
    I wondered whether he meant a car, but obviously road position would suggest not. On that basis I'd say it's probably a note correction. There are a couple of other times when he said things that I'm pretty sure were note changes.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Colin McRae Trophy for Marijan Griebel:
    https://www.fiaerc.com/griebel-honou...at-out-trophy/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts

Motorsport News have to change their cover. The best drivers of CoI are here

http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Motorsport News have to change their cover. The best drivers of CoI are here
    I don't think that their cover was too far off tbf, allowing for the fact that they would always look to promote the BRC and homegrown talent. Breen was a cut above but Evans was quick too and but for his problems on Friday you have to wonder how he might of done (from what I can tell he had 6 stage wins). Likewise Cronin is obviously quick on tarmac, has knowledge of the roads and you have to say was in the mix. OTOH Kajto is a fast driver but didn't have the local knowledge/experience of Irish tarmac like the others, in fact I suspect he surprised a lot of people with how close to Breen he was.

Breen's run through SS3 now on his Facebook...it's quick.

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    I don't think that their cover was too far off tbf, allowing for the fact that they would always look to promote the BRC and homegrown talent. Breen was a cut above but Evans was quick too and but for his problems on Friday you have to wonder how he might of done (from what I can tell he had 6 stage wins). Likewise Cronin is obviously quick on tarmac, has knowledge of the roads and you have to say was in the mix. OTOH Kajto is a fast driver but didn't have the local knowledge/experience of Irish tarmac like the others, in fact I suspect he surprised a lot of people with how close to Breen he was.
    I'm not trying to take anything away from Katjo, he put in a very fine performance, but he did have some knowledge of the Saturday stages from last year, Cronin had never done them and hadn't been on the 1st day stages for a several years. Katjo may have surprised people last year, I know I was very impressed with his speed, but anyone paying attention last year would have known to expect him to be right up there this year.