Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo View Post
    Incidentally, I can't find anything on the interwebs yet to prove it, but a couple of few-seconds-long clips of an F1 car with the "building blocks" of the Channel 4 logo on it did get inserted to the ad breaks earlier today. They're nearly ready...
    I hope they are, so far, l am not seeing any movement. Not even adverts on the channels shouting about F1. No web activity about f1. It is like they are not involved at all.

But you are right, they are getting ready for Day one Melbourne Australia. I don't mind that Melbourne is televised live as long as they do televise it at some point during that day.

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123162

Lineup is announced. I almost feel like there's more driving talent in this lineup than the actual F1 grid.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D View Post
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123162

Lineup is announced. I almost feel like there's more driving talent in this lineup than the actual F1 grid.
    Good line-up in my opinion - people may feel Steve Jones has something to prove but you could draw parallels with Jake Humphrey so hope he is a success. I've always thought Chandhok and Webber give good insight and it'll be interesting to see what Prost brings to the table. I wonder what capacity Murray Walker is working in?
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF View Post
    Good line-up in my opinion - people may feel Steve Jones has something to prove but you could draw parallels with Jake Humphrey so hope he is a success. I've always thought Chandhok and Webber give good insight and it'll be interesting to see what Prost brings to the table. I wonder what capacity Murray Walker is working in?
    Murray is doing some interviews with drivers apparently...so similar to what he's done with the BBC at times.

Team might possibly be a bit over-egged (people are moaning about the new TG having too many presenters!). The occassional roles of Webber and Wolff in sitting alongside DC and Edwards seems a bit odd, but I suppose it's worked in the practice sessions when they've had 3 commentators. Prost I think will have very limited involvement from what I read about him...but I could be wrong.

As you say, Steve Jones seems like an odd choice to present and possibly has something to prove...I'm not convinced at the minute but will give him time.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Even though I do not get Channel 4 in the US I do follow their facebook page. It looks like they have about seven more presenters than they need.
    The only two I recognized were David and Eddie Jordan. Who are the others?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Even though I do not get Channel 4 in the US I do follow their facebook page. It looks like they have about seven more presenters than they need.
    The only two I recognized were David and Eddie Jordan. Who are the others?
    Seriously? Who is Alain Prost?

In case you really are wondering: Murray Walker is widely considered the voice of F1 in the UK and beyond. Ben Edwards has been doing the BBC commentary for years. Susie Wolff, Alain Prost, Mark Webber, Bruno Senna and Karun Chandok are all current/ex-drivers, Nic Hamilton is a tin top driver and brother of the 3 time WDC. Steve Jones is, as far as I'm aware, completely unrelated to the sport but used to present a magazine style show for C4 on Sunday mornings. Leigh McKenzie has been doing the pit lane/interviewing role for years, think she used to also do it on the radio for the BBC before they got TV coverage back.

Of those I'm surprised that there are any beyond the last two that you haven't heard of before, especially seeing as so many have either been doing it for years or are known as drivers.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Having such a massive team is a novel approach. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I can see the logic in it. When you have a small team at every race, they tend to end up saying the same thing again and again. Having a big bench of pundits to mix-and-match from could produce some useful variety.

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Seriously? Who is Alain Prost?

In case you really are wondering: Murray Walker is widely considered the voice of F1 in the UK and beyond. Ben Edwards has been doing the BBC commentary for years. Susie Wolff, Alain Prost, Mark Webber, Bruno Senna and Karun Chandok are all current/ex-drivers, Nic Hamilton is a tin top driver and brother of the 3 time WDC. Steve Jones is, as far as I'm aware, completely unrelated to the sport but used to present a magazine style show for C4 on Sunday mornings. Leigh McKenzie has been doing the pit lane/interviewing role for years, think she used to also do it on the radio for the BBC before they got TV coverage back.

Of those I'm surprised that there are any beyond the last two that you haven't heard of before, especially seeing as so many have either been doing it for years or are known as drivers.
    Well, I have heard of them but I didn't enlarge the photo. That is why I did not recognize them.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting that they have snapped up Chandok and Senna from their occasional roles on Sky, which means Sky will be needing replacements for when Ant Davidson is off WEC'ing. That is a good line up C4 have got there, but the words "Channel 4 gloss" to the TV coverage could be a bit worrying. That said, they may make Sky's coverage look tired, we will see - up to the latter to make sure it isn't given subscribers are paying for it. I note that Natalie Pinkham today tweeted that the Midweek Report and F1 Show are set to merge into one programme (on a Thursday by looks of it) - so that is potentially cutting back on content whilst customers are paying the same (or more)
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Looks like a good team. I just hope C4 can carry the BBCs achievement of being better than Sky.