Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

PSA R5 Twins Jokers

There are 70+ DS3 and T16s out in the market.
    Going over their results, a lot of mech breakdowns.

What is known on when the jokers are out, and what they are?

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Why open a new thread when we have one dedicated to R5 ?

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    The issue of PSA R5 jokers was disscused in the R5 thread and with some digging it can be sure found there. Unfortunately I don't remember the answer from my head. Just think it was something with cooling and other engine related stuff but no news about new diffs which have been also quite unreliable.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    front diff also was uprated at some point.
    this spring we could expect really big upgrade for both PSA cars.

5. Likes: dodge33cymru (6th January 2016),itix (17th January 2016),Mirek (6th January 2016),TWRC (6th January 2016)
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    We see a total swap from DS3 to Fiesta in Norway this season. The report from the top drivers is that on snow/Gravel is that the feeling and speed is much better on the Ford. They are saying that the PSA cars are made for asphalt, and are on par with Ford and Skoda there, but far off on the loose stuff.

I guess the DNA of the french is mostly from asphalt, and most testing has been done there. Anders Grøndal used a lot of time trying to improve the DS3 on gravel, but in the end gave up, and went for Ford.
    His first impression was that the Fiesta on the loose was very different and much easier to tune to his liking, and that he did not have to drive around the issues on the DS3.

Hopefully the jokers can make them better, also in this area, not just the reliability issues they have had.
    We need to have an equal car market from the drivers to choose from in the 2nd level class, so I hope they are able to fix them to be competitive on all surfaces.
    Maybe Sebastian Loeb coming in with a car, and maybe help a bit with testing could help the process?

7. Likes: nafpaktos (7th February 2016)