Page 102 of 421 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4205
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack4688` View Post
    They tried it twice - the mid 90s and about ten years after that. Did it work either time?
    Nope. Sweden/Norway had it every second year for a while but IIRC it was hard finding sponsors for a non annual event so that idea was
    scrapped and the two rallies was merged into the rally we have today.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    maybe they wanna try it once a decade...
    Or 3rd time lucky.........

Do they ever learn? Or have they ever heard the saying "Insanity is repeating the same thing again and again and expecting a different result"....

They seem to make things up as they go along - with very little thought involved.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

3. Likes: Rally Power (23rd May 2016)
    Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Rotation means you end up with the situation the WRC finds itself in regarding the antipodes: promise '3 years' for one event with a 'promise' to switch round after that. Then things change an one rally is left out in the cold after promises were broken.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack4688` View Post
    Rotation means you end up with the situation the WRC finds itself in regarding the antipodes: promise '3 years' for one event with a 'promise' to switch round after that. Then things change an one rally is left out in the cold after promises were broken.
    Depends whether the promoters hold up their end of the deal. New Zealand had an agreement with one promoter which was null and void when the power changed hands. A proper rotation system would mean rallies got their years delegated way ahead of time.

If championships like ERC/APRC were in better health then MAYBE you could switch events in and out. But that would be the only chance. Once your three years are up and the funding is gone then it's very difficult to get it back.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Rotation is nice idea on paper, but taking in mind, how rapidly our world changes (also financially), I don't see how anyone would like to sign a rotated deal. Ok, every year event makes cycle, where you need to constantly work and be in contact with sponsors and local authorities. For every 2 years, this cycle breaks and if some kind of crysis happens, noone could be willing to resume work.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    New Zealand had an agreement with one promoter which ...
    I think you'll find that was never the case. In fact, if I recall correctly the promoter at the time issued a statement saying that they were never party to any discussion.
    What NZ evidently had was a 'gentlemen's agreement' with Australia and a presumption that it carried some weight with the promoters. That is all. Problem is you'd have difficulty finding a gentleman in either country.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

8. Likes: janvanvurpa (25th May 2016)
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    I think you'll find that was never the case. In fact, if I recall correctly the promoter at the time issued a statement saying that they were never party to any discussion.
    What NZ evidently had was a 'gentlemen's agreement' with Australia and a presumption that it carried some weight with the promoters. That is all. Problem is you'd have difficulty finding a gentleman in either country.
    Them's fightin' words!

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    The agreement was with The pervious Promoter of the WRC whom left shortly after!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    The agreement was with The pervious Promoter of the WRC whom left shortly after!
    Are you sure?
    Red Bull announced promoter in 2012 to take effect 2013.
    This from RNZ media release September 2013. " ... the World Rally Championship promoters are focused on the short term, and are therefore not in a position to agree to the suggestion at this time ..."
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    After spending most of April there I'd suggest the Kiwis have been too laid back and easy going for their own good. When you've got properly fresh air, regular sunshine and warm but not humid weather, who gives a shite about any of the stuff we worry ourselves with this side of the world?

No promoter agreement? No problem, bro. Just jump off a cliff into a lake and you'll feel fine ay.

13. Likes: janvanvurpa (25th May 2016)