Page 235 of 421 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 4205
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I will never believe in any kind of possible parallel universe that they don't insure rally cars as Malcom said in that interview.
    I can concede that that kind of accident was somehow not covered by the insurance for some reason but will never believe that they don't insure rally cars. For sure wrc.com failed at reporting the interview, or Malcom didn't explain himself good.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I will never believe in any kind of possible parallel universe that they don't insure rally cars as Malcom said in that interview.
    I can concede that that kind of accident was somehow not covered by the insurance for some reason but will never believe that they don't insure rally cars. For sure wrc.com failed at reporting the interview, or Malcom didn't explain himself good.
    They necessarily don't. I have no exact figures how much insuring WRC would cost, but I'd say without insuring, with the saved money, you can total your car once or twice a season.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

3. Likes: COD (24th October 2016)
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Yes it will be a pretty straight forward calculation I think. Insuring a rally car will probably cost quite a lot so you'll have to make sure you destroy a car once in a while for it to make economic sense.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    All these opinions on M-Sport are pure speculation

Only Wilson knows their situation and he can decide what it takes to keep this non-factory team going in the WRC.

Look at Prodrive - they went down as soon as BMW (MINI) pulled out. At least M-Sport hung in there after Ford dropped out.

And they now have to compete with 4 factory teams in 2017. Not easy.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Eddie has a point. If I was the insurer and I had to insure a 500 000 € car that has to go sideways in a forest at 160 kph, I'd set a very high fee and liability.

It might not be economically sound to do so.

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Maybe a rally car is only insured for damage (up to a certain value), but not for a total loss like in the Hirvonen case...

Although a total loss is pretty rare and insurance against it would be more important as damage is easily repaired by a good team.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 24th October 2016 at 12:05.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Eddie has a point. If I was the insurer and I had to insure a 500 000 € car that has to go sideways in a forest at 160 kph, I'd set a very high fee and liability.

It might not be economically sound to do so.
    you do understand that motorsport insurance is different than the one you insure your car Mr Aero right ?

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    i always heard that insurance costs about 10% of the cars value per rally. so that means that it will cost as much as one burned out car every 10 rallys.

in a case like m-sport with so many cars, and in-house made parts, insurance seems unnecessary.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Insurance in rallying isn't so common indeed. Insurance companies have to make profit, so it's logical that they are quite expensive. There's the expense for each event, but there's also the amount of money that's deductible. For example for a WRC car let's say the first 40 - 50 000 euros of damage aren't paid by the insurance. I've once heard you should have almost total loss every 4-5 events before an insurance is interesting (that was a national driver with a WRC car which was obviously much cheaper than the cars currently used in WRC).

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    you do understand that motorsport insurance is different than the one you insure your car Mr Aero right ?
    You do understand that all insurance run on the same principles right?
    High risk + high values = high fees.