Page 226 of 421 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 4205
    Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Yep, it makes sense to have Ford back in WRC, but there are some contradictory signals: Wilson wasn’t able to pick a top driver and said he would get a paying driver for the 3rd car.

Btw, Mk 7 Fiesta can be revealed at Detroit auto show or in a European press presentation until mid January. It’s hard to believe we’ll get WRC version competing before seeing the road car.
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...ee-door-option
    It ever happened in 2014. Lada ran the WTCC car before the road car

Liked 11,154 Times in 4,429 Posts
    Are the rules same? I don't know the rules for 2017 cars but according to the current S2000/WRC rules it is not possible unless an exception from FIA is granted and agreed by all competitors.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Are you guys blind? Clearly M-Sport have the 2017 Fiesta shaped car. Even if you look at camouflaged road going test cars on auto websites the front and rears are the shame as the new WRCar being tested!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    A source close to M-Sport said: "Of course Ott's back in the team next season.

"There's been a lot of nonsense about Ott going to Toyota or another place, but that's not going to happen.

"Have you seen how much testing Ott is doing with the new car? Malcolm wouldn't have him in that car for so long if he wasn't going to be using him next season.

"Ott will be back and he'll be winning with us next season."

Current M-Sport driver Mads Ostberg is also optimistic of remaining in the WRC for most 2017 rounds.

His father Morten told Autosport: "We actually have three options, but we have discounted one of those already.

"I can't tell you details about the offers, but what I can tell you right now is that Mads will be back in the championship again next year."

One possibility for Ostberg would be a return to running as a private team under the Adapta name, most likely within the M-Sport umbrella.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...medium=twitter

5. Likes: EstWRC (19th October 2016),Rallyper (20th October 2016)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Camilli / Tanak / Suninen seems like an interesting lineup for MSport, probably the best they can achieve given that they have no money and Camilli is locked in.

Ostberg to Toyota therefore makes sense, at least we know he can score points next to his two teammates who are unknown quantities.

I hope DMAck will continue and that Evans gets the drive, he deserves something after his performance this year.

7. Likes: Andre Oliveira (19th October 2016)
    Liked 11,154 Times in 4,429 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Are you guys blind? Clearly M-Sport have the 2017 Fiesta shaped car. Even if you look at camouflaged road going test cars on auto websites the front and rears are the shame as the new WRCar being tested!
    The problem is not that it would not exist but that the rules (2016 ones) state that 20 thousand cars have to be produced at the homologation date. Maybe the 2017 rules are different.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Camilli / Tanak / Suninen seems like an interesting lineup for MSport, probably the best they can achieve given that they have no money and Camilli is locked in.

Ostberg to Toyota therefore makes sense, at least we know he can score points next to his two teammates who are unknown quantities.

I hope DMAck will continue and that Evans gets the drive, he deserves something after his performance this year.
    But Dmack will not have the 2017 car (at least not for the forst halv of the season).
    @OnlyRally

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    M-Sport will get dispensation if they want. Ford also got the GT pushed through in WEC, won Le Mans this year and that's not built yet.

For Ostberg to have THREE options for WRC next year in the current climate is a bit of a mystery. I think we'll see him in a private Fiesta in that third seat. Ott to M-Sport works team is barely even a secret any more. He's basically their lead test driver at the moment.

What I'm slightly concerned about is whether we'll even see a Dmack WRC presence next year. I've seen reports on another forum they are hemorrhaging money. Not sure if it's true, but it would hardly be a surprise. I doubt Malcolm will want them on his works cars next year either even though they have a successful relationship going. I hope they can pull something together as it's a great opportunity for a driver as Ott has shown this year.

OnlyRally - where have you read anything about Dmack in 2017?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Finally seen the Motorsport News stories this week. Not much news really. Elfyn missing GB was the top story.

On the Ostberg thing - slightly more detail from Morten - hinting that Mads may not be able to do all the rounds next year as one option could be a driver share in whatever team he is talking about.

"Mads is working very hard on his tarmac driving now and it's working, but maybe there could be some driver changes in the team on some of those [asphalt] rallies, but he will be there on the gravel and and we really hope Monte Carlo where he has a good record."

So for me that makes things even more of a mystery. Toyota we know won't have a third car on the Monte. And if Adapta were running (via M-Sport) then it would be hard to believe they'd force out Mads for someone else.

I am intrigued...
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyRally View Post
    But Dmack will not have the 2017 car (at least not for the forst halv of the season).
    They will if they can pay for it.

M-Sport have never actually said they couldn't have a few cars ready...

13. Likes: macebig (19th October 2016),pantealex (20th October 2016)